Couple questions about the Eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple questions about the Eagles

1: When do they take down the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS banner from their website? I agree we should celebrate as long as possible but I think it needs to come down when training camp starts. It's a new season. What do you think?

2: What's going to happen at the TE position? TEs were instrumental in this teans success last season. I think Burton will be a significant loss. Interesting to see the Eagles have a former rugby player on the roster there. They must like rugby players.

Let's get the training camp talk going!
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    1: When do they take down the SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS banner from their website? I agree we should celebrate as long as possible but I think it needs to come down when training camp starts. It's a new season. What do you think?

2: What's going to happen at the TE position? TEs were instrumental in this teans success last season. I think Burton will be a significant loss. Interesting to see the Eagles have a former rugby player on the roster there. They must like rugby players.

1) Doesn't bother me - stay or go no difference

2) Dallas Goedert & Richard Rodgers will fill in just fine behind #86
    Last edited by Spartan92; 07-22-2018, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Until a new champ is crowned...

....would be my answer for your first question.

2) The new rook at TE should help ....but I think we will see additional support form the WRs....as I suspect Pederson will add some new wrinkles for this season.
      "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

The World Champion Philadelphia Eagles

Until next February.

I have my Super Bowl tix (and Dim Jr's) hanging by a hook near the door and when the first game comes on I plan to have it hanging around my neck again.
        DB

Comment

Until trophy presentation in 2019

For the first part.

Burton was HUGE against Rams and Giants when Ertz was out. Drafting Goddert (its Goddert, not Godfrey...Fucking autocorrect my ass) was clutch.

Just read where Brees thinks Sproles can win comeback player of the year if that happens there’s a damned good chance the banner question is no longer an issue, just leave it where it is..(not that there wasn’t a great chance already of it)

Kelce needs a second bowl of food.
          Last edited by brotherharv; 07-22-2018, 10:11 AM. Reason: Because I can’t spell the word “out” properly.

Comment

1. either when TC starts, when the preseason starts, or week 1 of the regular season. any of these would be fine.

2. burton gave us the most you could reasonably hope for from an UDFA, but i think goedert can more than adequately replace him. burton was a great pass catcher but didn't play a lot of snaps considering (celek played more but was primarily used as a blocker). i think you'll see both pass-catching TEs on the field more often this year than last.

Comment

Last I checked they are the reigning Super Bowl champions until next February at the earliest.

Why would they take it down prior to then?

Please don't tell me you are buying into the false "complacency" narrative that WIP created this summer!

Comment

I don’t believe in complacency because Wentz wants his own Super Bowl ring.

Comment

Agree about #1

I think that’s why they used their 1st pick on a TE. He’s gonna be really good, IMO

Comment

i haven't listened to WIP this summer so i don't know what narrative you're talking about.

has nothing to do with complacency or jinxes. i really won't care if they decide not to take it down until the season is over.

Comment

Banner, I think you can take celebration down, but add superbowl champs or some design.
                      On TE. I love TE. We will miss burton, but I have a string feeling Eagle God heart will turn heads. He is going to be explosive. Heard it hear first.

Comment

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
                        Last I checked they are the reigning Super Bowl champions until next February at the earliest.

Why would they take it down prior to then?

Please don't tell me you are buying into the false "complacency" narrative that WIP created this summer!
                        I haven't been listening to WIP.

I'm thinking more about what Gomer said when they got their rings about it being a new season.
                        --------

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
                          Banner, I think you can take celebration down, but add superbowl champs or some design.
                          On TE. I love TE. We will miss burton, but I have a string feeling Eagle God heart will turn heads. He is going to be explosive. Heard it hear first.
                          Level of agreement: 99 and 44/100 percent

Any thoughts on buying a new jersey?
                          --------

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                            I don’t believe in complacency because Wentz wants his own Super Bowl ring.
                            I'd like to note that Wentz has a ring which he earned, but I get what you are saying and do agree with what you say.
                            --------

Comment

Oh yeah he earned it. But I know you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X