Gomer was smart to keep the team in the tunnel during the banner ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gomer was smart to keep the team in the tunnel during the banner ceremony

They have had all offseason to celebrate. This ceremony was for the fans and the F.O. and could only have been a distraction for the players right before the game.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Think they will hang a regular Banner?

or keep the screen up there?
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
      or keep the screen up there?
      Probably will hang a regular banner next to the screen and then use the screen for ads and future ceremonies.
      --------

Comment

I'm curious if they've abandoned introducing the offense and defense on alternate games ... or if they went with the entire team to save time due to the weather delay ... or if they intro'ed the whole team as champs just for that game.
        Last edited by slag; 09-08-2018, 01:17 PM. Reason: typo
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

i assumed it was because of the weather delay. it would have been cool to see foles get an MVP welcome.

was anyone else expecting a warning before they unveiled the banner?

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            i assumed it was because of the weather delay. it would have been cool to see foles get an MVP welcome.

was anyone else expecting a warning before they unveiled the banner?
            I think the whole ceremony got messed up because of the delay. When asked about why he kept the players in the tunnel, Gomer was noncommittal. He was kind like "i don't know, just felt like it."
            --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
              They have had all offseason to celebrate. This ceremony was for the fans and the F.O. and could only have been a distraction for the players right before the game.
              Did they stay in partially due to the rain delay? I think that helped ease the distraction of all the hoopla for the opener.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                I think the whole ceremony got messed up because of the delay. When asked about why he kept the players in the tunnel, Gomer was noncommittal. He was kind like "i don't know, just felt like it."
                No analytics. Went with his gut.
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

To say it was anti-climatic would be an understatement. I found it very disappointing.
                  WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
                    To say it was anti-climatic would be an understatement. I found it very disappointing.
                    Agreed. They told us it was going to be at 7:30. I think they could have gotten it in before the storm arrived. In any case it was all messed up.
                    --------

Comment

it was going to be close, from the upper bowl we could see a lot of lightning coming from the northwest and probably didn't want to push it.
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

We stayed put as I watched the flights continue to arrive at PHL. Had that stopped, I would have vacated.
                        WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Yeah we pretty much just laughed at the PA announcer, did find out that in the event of a real emergency we are fucked in the upper bowl. Only about a third of the fans left and it took forever to get them out.
                          On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                            Yeah we pretty much just laughed at the PA announcer, did find out that in the event of a real emergency we are fucked in the upper bowl. Only about a third of the fans left and it took forever to get them out.
                            My friend Marty joked that it was just a ruse to sell more beer. Another guy noted that this was the first time the stadium was full well before kickoff.

Although I have to admit it rained pretty hard for a while and there were lightning strikes nearby. When I went back to my seat there was a mini flood there.
                            --------

Comment

There is no fucking way, considering the legal implications, that they were going to ignore a lightning storm.
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X