Ok, the initial shock has worn off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
    Restructure his contract Is a negotiation. Fact is Kelly wanted him gone.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I've rarely found ridiculous asks a good way to start a negotiation in most situations. Maybe NFL negotiations are not like most situations.

There's a difference between offering 200K for a house worth 400k and offering 350k for that house. The former gets you laughed at, disliked and back to square one whereas the latter gets you rejected but still in the game. I'm guessing that asking for the Bills' second round pick would have been more analogous to the former. Maybe not. I'm not a GM.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        The only restructure it appears that McCoy was willing to do would be converting his current non-guaranteed money into a guaranteed signing bonus.

So, instead of a year-by-year where the Eagles could make a decision based on his value they'd pay him upfront and feel the effects over several years.

That's not much of a willingness to negotiate.

Now, maybe that would be more reasonable if he would take an overall pay-cute to receive more upfront guaranteed money but that doesn't appear to be the case.
        --
        Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by TerpEagle View Post
          That twit whatever post makes it clear:

"Honestly we were under the impression the whole time, that eventually at some point, Chip [Kelly] was going to ask LeSean to restructure his contract--not a pay cut, but convert some of his signing bonus."
          Same difference pretty much, isn't it? Moot point in any case.

Still say Bobbyuk is dead wrong that Kelly wanted to renegotiate. I have a link on that I'll find later.

Comment

Kelly wants a North/South bang the hole runner, although he is a unique talent, Shady, will never be that, so IF you can save money, help out other positions and still have RB's available for far less money, you do what you have to.

I look at it this way, it's Kelly's balls on the chopping block, either way he will get the praise or the blame, and if you going to take that hit, you might as well get the players YOU want, at the positions YOU want them at, doing what YOU want them to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle In Ohio View Post
              doesn't hurt anything to ask, even if it sounds ridiculous. You ask, Buffalo balks, you keep negotiating.
              This isn't Madden. You don't start by asking for 2 1st rounders and their best player and then just adjust until they finally agree.

The Eagles likely had an expected value and maybe they just got lucky (or did their research) and found a partner that had that value and would want McCoy.

But what sort of value do you think McCoy is worth? And why do you think that? Most of what I read is that a RB at the age of 26 doesn't have a lot of future value and it is one of the most easily replaceable spots on the roster. Combine that with the RB in question being the second most expensive in the NFL.

So again, what's his value to you? And don't give me the "fan value". More than anything, fans want to win regardless of a long-time Eagle being on the roster or not.
              --
              Your Retarded

Comment

Here it is.

I've been waiting for this for a year. When DeSean Jackson was
                released, it was widely regarded as a wake-up call to LeSean McCoy, an
                innocuous class clown type whose professional and personal off-field
                habits have come under scrutiny, to get his act together and fall in
                line with the program — a "you're next" warning shot. By all accounts
                he did just that, but the reality was simple: It didn't matter what
                Shady did, 2014 was going to be his last hurrah as an Eagle. Age, cap
                number and the systematic philosophy of his head coach's offense were
                all working against him.
                http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...desean-jackson

Comment

The trade can't be evaluated by looking at it like: Is Kiko > McCoy. It's Kiko + Free Agents Signed by creating cap space > McCoy.

I think you are missing that at first glance.

Comment

So then you have nothing

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
                    When I'm actually trying to dumb things down to a level you could actually understand (you're still not getting it). Emo in Ohio needs a tissue. He doesn't get it.
                    Go back to doing the same shit you always do. The name calling and the other dumb ass antics you pull, because I don't like the trade, but like I said before, I already know what it is with dudes like you. It's not a good deal in my opinion. period. Try to get more. As of now, it doesn't seem like they did that.
                    The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

Did I say anything about Maclin ?

Originally posted by SCREAMIN EAGLE View Post
                      But you're ok throwing $9million a year at WR that tore his ACL twice and as recently as a year an half ago.
                      nm
                      The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is - Winston Churchill

Comment

I don't find it surprising that Kelly wanted McCoy's attitude to change. His twitter war last year with his baby-mama was a nice public display of immaturity.

But as with anything, it's about the value he brings to the team. If McCoy had a cheaper contract, was younger, had the same production and a questionable attitude he's more likely to be on the team. But his contract is huge, he's at the age where future value is dubious and he possibly has a questionable attitude.

So, yes culture matters to Kelly, but it's not the only thing that matters.
                        --
                        Your Retarded

Comment

Where did I say two first rounders ?

This isn't Madden. You don't start by asking for 2 1st rounders and their best player and then just adjust until they finally agree.

The Eagles likely had an expected value and maybe they just got lucky (or did their research) and found a partner that had that value and would want McCoy.

But what sort of value do you think McCoy is worth? And why do you think that? Most of what I read is that a RB at the age of 26 doesn't have a lot of future value and it is one of the most easily replaceable spots on the roster. Combine that with the RB in question being the second most expensive in the NFL.

So again, what's his value to you? And don't give me the "fan value". More than anything, fans want to win regardless of a long-time Eagle being on the roster or not.
                          nm

Comment

nm
                            Just ignore the point.

It's that going in and jut asking for the world and then notching it down a little at a time probably isn't an effective strategy in a real negotiation.
                            --
                            Your Retarded

Comment

Ignore what point ?

Just ignore the point.

It's that going in and jut asking for the world and then notching it down a little at a time probably isn't an effective strategy in a real negotiation.
                              so it's completely out of bounds to say "give us Alonso and your 2nd, and to use Alonso's ACL injury as leverage ? If Buffalo says no, then you keep working to come to a common ground.

Comment

you keep doing that

so it's completely out of bounds to say "give us Alonso and your 2nd, and to use Alonso's ACL injury as leverage ? If Buffalo says no, then you keep working to come to a common ground.
                                and assuming it didn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X