Anyone worried about this team's age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone worried about this team's age?

On average, core guys are headed into their 7th-8th seasons. Wentz is the exception. Seems like defensive players like Long, Graham, Bradham, Jackson, and even Cox could decline very soon. Jackson, Jeffery, Ertz, Brooks, Kelce aren't really spring chickens anymore.

There's talk of Shady coming back, but I think would be a terrible move that would definitely push the average age in the wrong direction.

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    On average, core guys are headed into their 7th-8th seasons. Wentz is the exception. Seems like defensive players like Long, Graham, Bradham, Jackson, and even Cox could decline very soon. Jackson, Jeffery, Ertz, Brooks, Kelce aren't really spring chickens anymore.

There's talk of Shady coming back, but I think would be a terrible move that would definitely push the average age in the wrong direction.
    In Howie we trust!

Comment

This is slightly outdated, but:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-...-2018-edition/

Eagles 11th in average age.

Comment

good post. I know last year Dallas was the youngest avg age, and now are starting to manage their cap much better. If they had a qb that they could trust...I would be afraid. Getting up there in age bites a team quickly, and though I don't have too many objections, something to watch.

Comment

Thanks. This does help.

Comment

Patriots 30th. Even if you take out Brady that lowers their average maybe a quarter point.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

These next two drafts are critical. As are the question marks from the last three drafts. This team is going to get young in a hurry when Wentz gets paid. How good they're going to be remains to be seen.

Comment

If you’d have told me

In 2013 that the Eagles would win the Super Bowl in five years with Nick Foles quarterbacking, and

Midseason 2017 that the Eagles would win a Super Bowl during Wentz’s rookie contract

I would have believed you. And you would have been right, funny as it worked out.

Comment

agree. need to bolster several postions. OL, DL are HUGE.

I don't think CB is a pressing need and am happy with our core. Unless somebody falls into your lap at 25 i think DL is a much higher priority in 1st round.

if you get pressure up front you can definitely get by with leblanc, rasul, maddox, mills, etc. I like LeBlanc and Rasul a lot. Love their mentalities and way they play the game.

Joe Douglas came here with a lot of hype. last year's draft was pretty solid I think. Maddox in 4th is looking like a bonafide steal. Big Koala could be a franchise LT (Stoutland made that happen, frankly).

But, 2017 was nothing special. Barnett and Rasul are rock solild. hopefully Sidney Jones pans out but he didn't look very good last year when he played but was hurt. WE'll see with him. But, the last half looks like complete and utter shit.

I would like to see 3-4 legit starters from the 2019 draft.
                  Last edited by Ellsworth; 03-12-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X