Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    I didn't forget Flowers. I'm just not sure $17M a year for a solid rotation guy fits Howie's MO, especially with a draft stacked at DE. I'm not crazy about paying a premium for guys who flourished in Belichick's system, either.
    One hundred percent. Take a DL in the first round.

Comment

Howie likes the depth in the draft.

Graham, Barnett, Long, Sweat and a rookie should be okay. A little thin on the rotation and Barnett has to perform now.

Comment

DT or DE, either way works. If they don't trade up and keep both 2's, they might even take two DL with their first three picks.

Comment

I'd lean DT since they just have nothing besides Cox. RB also has to be one of those two 2nd round picks.

A lot of people will want them to go OL early, but I'm not sure where where a rookie OL would fit in. Every spot on the OL is solidified except for LT. Of course they need a replacement for Peters, but he still shows flashes, they just extended Big V, and they seem high on Mailata.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            I'd lean DT since they just have nothing besides Cox. RB also has to be one of those two 2nd round picks.

A lot of people will want them to go OL early, but I'm not sure where where a rookie OL would fit in. Every spot on the OL is solidified except for LT. Of course they need a replacement for Peters, but he still shows flashes, they just extended Big V, and they seem high on Mailata.
            Yeah, I don't go high on OT. Not until we know what we have in Mailata. JP and Vaitai can get them through the year while they figure it out.

One of the top three picks absolutely has to be a RB. I'm also leaning toward bringing Ajai back, if his recovery is going well. I like Coleman, but not at $8M a year.

I honestly have no idea what direction Howie's going to go in free agency. I think there's going to be a splash signing, but every time I have a guess, I talk myself out of it. This is one of the more interesting, unpredictable off-seasons I can remember.

Comment

The injury to Brooks might make OL more of a priority. He might be the most underrated player on the team, it really showed in the Saints game.

I agree about Ajayi on a friendly deal. Running Back by committee worked well for us in 2017.
              Last edited by rothdawg; 03-08-2019, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                Told you last year he was a fucking douche and a locker room cancer piece or shit human being selfish mother fucker ! Find the thread, great player but worthless attitude and piece of shit human being . The fuck outta here then!
                You said this numerous times, and you were laughed at repeatedly. You also said the same thing about Malcolm Jenkins and got the same reaction.

What on earth about Bennett's year in Philadelphia would make you think he is a "piece of shit human being selfish mother fucker?" Also, if the guy were such a cancer, do you really think Belichick would want him? Since becoming a starter, the dude has mostly been on playoff teams and there is no evidence that he's ever caused any locker room problems.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                  The injury to Brooks might make OL more of a priority. He might be the most underrated player on the team, it really showed in the Saints game.
                  Hopefully there are some decent OG's left in the 4th. And, hopefully, Matt Pryor can play a little bit. I know he was standing out in camp, but he seemed to trail off towards the end. Maybe got lost in the playbook and overwhelmed. It happens.

Comment

Other than some photoshopped pic of Bennett (i think) burning an American flag in the locker room, I've never noticed what would make folks think he was something negative. I thought he was pretty badass last year. I'm bummed he's gone.
                    Last edited by AthensEagle; 03-08-2019, 08:28 PM. Reason: Attempting to appear literate

Comment

You said this numerous times, and you were laughed at repeatedly. You also said the same thing about Malcolm Jenkins and got the same reaction.

What on earth about Bennett's year in Philadelphia would make you think he is a "piece of shit human being selfish mother fucker?" Also, if the guy were such a cancer, do you really think Belichick would want him? Since becoming a starter, the dude has mostly been on playoff teams and there is no evidence that he's ever caused any locker room problems.
                      I've never said anything like that about Malcolm Jenkins other than he should be focused on the game rather than dancing a fool in the locker room when they are riding a losing streak and fighting for their playoff lives.. Leadership!!

As far as Bennett goes, his history with his big mouth and being a malcontent is well documented go and read up on it.

As far as the Pats go they take anyone with a bad history they don't care about off the field issues I'm sure you don't have to do much research to find just how many reclamation projects they have taken to help them win games.. Tons of examples of dipshits the Pats have picked up in the past so your point is as retarded as caring about this dipshit who wants a raise to stay on the team.. He can take his me first attitude and fuck himself and you can join him

Comment

Originally posted by AthensEagle View Post
                        Other than some photoshopped pic of Bennett (i think) burning an American flag in the locker room, I've never noticed what would make folks think he was something negative. I thought he was pretty badass last year. I'm bummed he's gone.
                        Did you read his comments today? If not take a read and tell me what you think! Everyone is sacrificing for the team this guy comes out publicly and says he knows they have cap issues and not only will he never restructure but he wants a raise to keep playing. What an angel of a teammate and locker room leader!

Comment

These comments came after he already knew the team was trying to trade him.

Maybe he already refused to renegotiate, maybe that’s why they had to deal him. But there’s no way to know that from his comments today alone.

Comment

Hell yeah. And Mike Wallace can join us too.

Comment

Hell yeah. And Mike Wallace can join us too.
                              Yup, sure can!

Comment

Working...
                              X