Ben Simmons = elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Simmons = elite

Fuck all of you naysayers who claimed that Simmons wasn't a star and didn't deserve a max contract.

Kid is an absolute beast and will make you all eat crow.

He is an all-star and is presently handing Golden State their ass tonight.
    Last edited by 06hawkalum; 02-01-2019, 01:41 AM.

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
    Fuck all of you naysayers who claimed that Simmons wasn't a star and didn't deserve a max contract.

That was a great win tonight. The bench kept us in the game. Muscala, Bolden, and Shamet were combined 6-6 from 3pt at one point when it could have gotten away from us.

Terrific game to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
      That was a great win tonight. The bench kept us in the game. Muscala, Bolden, and Shamet were combined 6-6 from 3pt at one point when it could have gotten away from us.

Terrific game to watch.
      Yes it certainly was.

Granted, it was only a regular season game but the Sixers sent a message tonight to their fans and the rest of the league that they are legitimate contenders.
      Last edited by 06hawkalum; 02-01-2019, 01:53 AM.

Comment

Crickets

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post

They must have went to bed early

Comment

I fell asleep. Ugh. What an awesome win. They have the talent to play with anyone. They should only get better as the season goes on.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I fell asleep in the 4th quarter. This team is built for the playoffs. They can score in the half court. Depending on who is on the court, they can play great D. Bolden and Shamets emergence has been a massive help.

Jimmy needs to play with the ball in his hands more and we can win the East.
            WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Good! Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you!

Comment

He's not elite. Embiid is elite. You can't be elite if you can't shoot. He will improve but let's not get crazy here. He's disappeared in plenty of games against the league's top teams. He finally showed up in one game (where Klay Thompson didn't play). He could end up at Embiid's level but he's not there, yet.

Comment

Simmons with a shot is Magic Johnson or better, but being that he was able to completely take over that game last night without a shot proves he's elite in my eyes.

Embiid chucking up 5 missed 3s on the other hand is not elite.
                  Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

So now Simmons is better than Embiid because of one game? Oh boy.

Comment

Shame on you

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                      He's not elite. Embiid is elite. You can't be elite if you can't shoot. He will improve but let's not get crazy here. He's disappeared in plenty of games against the league's top teams. He finally showed up in one game (where Klay Thompson didn't play). He could end up at Embiid's level but he's not there, yet.

For responding to this dolt. Simmons played by far the best game I've ever seen him play last night. His coach also thought that. It wasn't hollow stats etc, he played great d and was incredibly efficient on offense. That being said it's one game in Feb. Elite players avlerage these kinds of games in playoffs. I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

I never said Simmons > Embiid or that Embiid isn't elite.
                        Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Totally agree. The East is definitely doable.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I know. I didn't notice who posted it. My bad. I get this guy confused with the guy who just called Klay Thompson a poor man's JJ Redick. It's hard to keep track of these dolts.

Comment

You didn't confuse anyone ... the same guy did post the Reddick statement
                              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X