Howie has cap at 20 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howie has cap at 20 million

Just read the article on NBC Philly the Eagles are now 20 million under, could be allot more if Peters is released or restructures, Bennett same thing and Nelson is traded. they could be another 24.5 million under which would be 44.5 million

Getting rid of peters makes for a nice cap number... It kinda leaves a hole at a pretty important position. If it were up to me, I'd keep Bennett over Long if one of them have to go. Jmo.

Comment

I feel like it's a toss-up with Peters. Is Big V good enough? The Super Bowl win says he could be. Is Mailata the next LT? If so, you just need a bridge there anyway. It took Peters two years to win the job in Buffalo.

I think I'm leaning toward letting him go. I subscribe to the theory of being a year early on cutting someone loose than a year late.

Long is cheap, no? I don't see him in a one or the other scenario with Bennett.
      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Big v isn't good enough. He's not a starting tackle.

Long is 5 mil Bennett is 7. They are rotational players and the draft is loaded with DL. One of them is probably going
        Last edited by Greenstealth; 03-06-2019, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Is Peters any better? We remember Peters more fondly, he’s had a HOF career, I’d love to see him play for a championship, but the struggle was real last season. Like I said, better to be a year early than a year late. Big V was serviceable.
          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Big v was really really shaky and gets a hell of a lot of help, he's not a bridge. Peters is way better even now and it's not close.

Comment

Peters is probably the 15th-ish best LT in the game, right now, at age 37. Big V's biggest problem is that he's not really spot starter and better as a regular (for whatever reason). He plays better when he's gameplanned in (some of that is help, obviously).

If the Eagles want to compete next year, they'll need a decent LT which pretty much means Peters. Mailata's probably not ready (or at least you wouldn't want to rely on him). I think you see what happens at camp and you can determine how you want to address that position next year.

JP is also an FA after this year and counts 13 mil against the cap and has a 5+ mil salary plus some big bonuses if he's still on the team. If you extended him, you might be able to save a couple mil (I think about 4, by giving him a bonus now and spreading the 8 mil he would get over 2 years). However, that would likely make his deadcap number next season over 6 mil which is pretty rough.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                I feel like it's a toss-up with Peters. Is Big V good enough? The Super Bowl win says he could be. Is Mailata the next LT? If so, you just need a bridge there anyway. It took Peters two years to win the job in Buffalo.

I think I'm leaning toward letting him go. I subscribe to the theory of being a year early on cutting someone loose than a year late.

Long is cheap, no? I don't see him in a one or the other scenario with Bennett.
                I agree if Big V were given the job without seeing Peters over his shoulder I think he would do a good job, Mailata could also be a surprise.

Comment

He made Mack a non factor in the Bears game but his time has come

That was a stellar performance from the Guy..Give him credit for that,,no help either!

Big V is a not his replacement,,we have to get somebody in here to play LT and Jason needs to move inside and play lft guard for his final 2 seasons or whatever.
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Moving a guy to a new position for his final year is the dumbest thing ever. Just cut him.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

your hilarious...please

don't stop posting!
                      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                      "BFTR"

Comment

Please what? I’m not the one suggesting they move a HOF tackle inside.
                        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

thats what Im saying...any great tackle could play guard

its slightly different but skill wise its easy...you need size and athleticism to be a tackle..your out in space...Playing guard is easy compared to LT...so as long as your not switching sides, the footwork, steps are similar ,its a nothing transition for a pro bowl lineman...That's like saying Wizz cant play guard and center??? or Welburn could't play guard because he was a tackle. Peters could extend his career by moving inside,,,its done all the time. Fuc Peters was Tightend to start his career.
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

This is like the Sheldon Brown to safety talk.

You’re assuming Peters would even WANT to play guard.

Wizz actually played both of those positions.

I don’t even know what to say to you, man. You’re not rooted in reality.
                            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

He’s slipped pretty far to that and there’s no guarantee he won’t slip further.
                              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Working...
                              X