Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jay Glazer reporting eagles have interest in Bell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
    When the Eagles won the Super Bowl, it was the only time they ever had a team that closely resembled New England. Follow their blueprint. It still works!! Running back by committee is the better option. I never want a one workhorse back. Selfish running backs like Bell only want money and personal accomplishments, they don't care about winning. They will win you your fantasy football league but not a Super Bowl.

There is not a top free agent worth signing this year.
    That's also not to say that New England hasn't valued the RB position. Michel in the first last year, James White in 2014 in the 4th, 2011 they drafted 2 RB in at the end of the 2nd/beginning of the 3rd. They signed Blount and Steven Jackson to try and get cheap alternatives.

They have done RB by committee but they haven't just tried to roll with "meh" players. What the eagles did 2 years ago was about the right way to do it. Got Blount, added Ajayi and also had clement. Once Ajayi went down they went with Clement, Adams and Smallwood. Bleh.

They need talent but they don't need "best running back in the league" talent. There are definitely guys out there that are still probably solid and won't cost much. Maybe a couple of those guys and then a draft pick would probably be fine.
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

They need to start by getting the correct running back in the draft. If they like a guy, they need to trade up and get him. They missed out on Cook and then Michel. They need to stop getting cute. I don't want their second or third choice either. If they like Jacobs or whoever, they need to make sure they get him. I have no idea which running back fits but they need to walk away with their guy because they shit the bed the last two drafts when it comes to the run game.

Comment

Bell's an unnecessary luxury from a cap-standpoint, but I also don't want him for the same reasons you didn't want Machado.
        Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

This is true. But last year the RBs were so bad that people didn't know the OL was good. Wentz's struggles didn't help either.

My first choice is to draft an RB relatively early and sign an FA (besides Bell), but if this FO really thinks Bell is the right fit, I'm willing to see how that works out.
          Last edited by art vandelay; 03-07-2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Bell will get paid two to three times as much the entire Patriots backfield. When you look at how much the Patriots spent on the backfield during their dynasty, it shows you why they have continued success. Paying Bell $15M+ is 'stupid money'. Spend that money elsewhere.

Comment

They should be able to find a common ground between Josh Adams and Le’Veon Bell
              Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

People also forget he’s arguably as much of a headcase as AB is
                Last edited by SOS Crunchy; 03-07-2019, 07:57 PM.
                Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
                  Hard pass on Bell.... If he will take a 7-8mill deal then sure... But everything I have seen says he wants 15-20mill which is a HELL NO for me

Comment

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
                    Not even close. He just wants money. Who doesn't?

AB...I mean "Mr. Big Chest"...is nuts.
                    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                      Not even close. He just wants money. Who doesn't?

AB...I mean "Mr. Big Chest"...is nuts.
                      Is he a head case or not? I don't really know enough about the player to know.

One thing I don't wan't is the Eagles paying bigtime $$$ to a head case.
                      --------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                        Is he a head case or not? I don't really know enough about the player to know.

One thing I don't wan't is the Eagles paying bigtime $$$ to a head case.
                        No. Bell just wants to be paid

AB wants money and is a headcase.

Comment

I realize it's not the same, but I am still having Demarco Murray flashbacks.

Comment

Ok.

Then it comes down to what his performance is worth and if you are better off concentrating that investment in one talented player or spreading it out among multiple less talented players.

I hope HowLo has a Plan A, B, and C.
                            --------
                            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I hate to burst everyone's bubble

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                              If it was lieconfora I wouldn't post anything but Glazer seems pretty well connected.

What I don't know if it's "well, we are interested for him signing at $20.00 a year" (so bullshit interest) or if it's serious interest.
                              but this is the complete exchange with Glazer:

Do you think he Eagles are interested in Le’Veon Bell? —John P.

Yes, I do. I think a lot of teams will be interested in Le’Veon Bell, but a lot of teams won’t be interested in the price tag of Le’Veon Bell. But it only takes one team to give him a big deal and I can certainly see that happening.

**I believe that all Glazer is saying is that the Eagles are interested, but not at the price he's looking to get paid. Not happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X