Antonio Brown to Raiders for 2020 3rd and 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    I don't totally buy your apparent affinity for all things Patriot as a winning formula that precludes a diva wideout with serious talent.

Belichick went undefeated and should have beaten the fuckbag Vagiants with Randy Moss.

EDITE TO ADD: And I firmly believe that the Eagles beat the fuckbag Patriots if their diva WR didn't get horse collared.
    Ironically, you can look at what Moss did in Oakland...His short career there was laughable

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
      The Raiders are a team where players get better when they leave there (Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper). They have a QB they were talking about trading as recently as last week. They were also considering using those three first rounders to move up and draft another QB. If I was a Raiders fan, I don't see this as a fit. Selfish players on a bad team is usually a recipe for disaster. Maybe this move was made to sell tickets for the new stadium next year. Sure. I think winning sells more tickets.
      This.

Why try to get a top-five receiver when you give up on arguably the best defensive player in football?

Comment

I didn't intend that as a knock as much as a preamble to the point that they've used a diva receiver.
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I preferr Bell over Ingram

Emmanuel would fine
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
            I didn't intend that as a knock as much as a preamble to the point that they've used a diva receiver.
            I would be less upset if the Eagles traded a fourth-round pick for a 'humbled' Antonio Brown after underachieving for two years in Oakland in 2021. Just like Belichick did when he acquired Moss. He also was able to put together a good contract that he could easily get out of if Moss stepped out of line.**

Brown is coming off a great season statistically and will most likely call the shots in Oakland. Oakland's blueprints usually consist of something constructed on the back of a cocktail napkin written in crayon. They needed to rebuild and signing Brown makes zero sense.

**This Belichick fluffing is starting to make me ill.

Comment

I prefer Tevin Coleman over both
              On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
                Brown is coming off a great season statistically and will most likely call the shots in Oakland. Oakland's blueprints usually consist of something constructed on the back of a cocktail napkin written in crayon. They needed to rebuild and signing Brown makes zero sense.
                I keep hearing the talking heads saying what a "great fit" this is. I don't get it. Except for the Raider image paired with a high-profile malcontent, I can't see how this makes football sense from any angle.

The Eagles were actually a more logical fit, even though the risk massively outweighed the reward.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Oakland (and Buffalo) was one of the worst fits. Good luck having Derek Carr try to get you the ball when you're double-teamed. I expect he doesn't last more than two seasons. Who knows?

I know this is going to sound odd but I prefer never to sign a 'Top 10' wide receiver or running back in free agency. Their contracts are typically too crippling. Sure, there's exceptions to every rule but I think I'd rather spend the money on the lines. Over the last couple of decades, I don't see a lot of Super Bowl winners with these 'Top 10' players. JMO

Comment

I generally agree, I'm not interested in mega-bucks free agents (my fleeting Bell advocacy notwithstanding). I'll take a "star" if he'll take less money to play for a ring, but otherwise, I'd prefer to spread the money around on solid, productive vets and under-the-radar guys to fill out the roster. The 2017 free-agent class is the template for how it's done.

Comment

I think Bell, Ingram, and Coleman will most likely be too expensive. I think they need to look at the rest and try to find one that slips through the cracks for a reasonable price. That being said, they need to draft one early. No excuses this year.

Comment

Suprised Eagles didn’t sign Carlos Hyde ahead of kc. 2.8m is a bargain.
                        Cowboys last SB win is old enough to drink beer

Comment

I think we lucked out in landing Jeffery. Top 10(ish) talent without the huge ego. They don't grow on trees.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
                            I literally had typed his name and deleted it. Good value.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                              I think we lucked out in landing Jeffery. Top 10(ish) talent without the huge ego. They don't grow on trees.
                              That's all you really need. Julian Edelman is not a superstar. He's a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by royal View Post
                                I think Ajayi is coming back. Throw in a second round back, and they should be in good shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X