IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 01-09-2019, 09:18 AM   #21
slag

slag is an unknown quantity at this point

I love this run ... I hate this QB controversy.

Nick Foles will never pay for a drink if he's in a bar where I'm at, but I have a bad feeling that if they trade Wentz, we'll be watching that fucker win Super Bowls with another team for 10 years or more.

Let me ask you a question, what would you rather see happen, Foles goes to the Vagiants in a trade or Wentz goes there?

Seriously ... I know it's a question that is kind of like: What do you like better dog shit or cow shit? ... But I'm really curious what you think.

No equivocating ... no depends on what they get back.

Simply: I'd rather face ____ on the Vagiants

(a) Foles

(b) Wentz

Last edited by slag; 01-09-2019 at 09:19 AM.
slag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2019, 10:10 AM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "I love this run ... I hate this QB..."
JuTMSY4

Default this

Quote:
Originally Posted by slag View Post
I love this run ... I hate this QB controversy.

Nick Foles will never pay for a drink if he's in a bar where I'm at
I'm just enjoying the ride and rooting hard. This can be sorted out later. Plenty of time to blather on this site about this later.

Fuck da Taints

Edit: seriously, this is so much fucking fun. I'm just consuming everything I can about this team. I don't know when it will end, I don't want it to end, but we're here, drink it in!

Last edited by JuTMSY4; 01-09-2019 at 10:11 AM.
JuTMSY4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2019, 10:27 AM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "I love this run ... I hate this QB..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no QB controversy and it should be obvious what I think. Wentz is the guy next year. Foles vs Wentz is a much more legitimate question that McNabb vs Garcia, but it's obvious that the FO thinks that Wentz can be a top 5 QB for 10 years.

I just think Wentz fans get too defensive. Foles has been awesome over the past two years. Stating that isn't a call for Wentz to get traded.

-Dominic Rhodes

Last edited by art vandelay; 01-09-2019 at 10:28 AM.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2019, 10:32 AM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "There is no QB controversy and it..."
slag

I guess you haven't been listening to sports talk and the media lately.
Unread 01-09-2019, 10:35 AM  
Posted in reply to slag's post starting "I guess you haven't been listening to..."
art vandelay
de Madrid

art vandelay is an unknown quantity at this point

They get paid to make good radio. Fortunately they don't influence decisions.

As soon as Wentz loses a game next season, WIP will have to shut down. Sports radio callers expect 3 Super Bowls today. It could take over 5 years for the decision to roll with Wentz to pay off.

-Dominic Rhodes
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2019, 10:41 AM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "They get paid to make good radio...."
slag

Can't argue with any of that.
Unread 01-09-2019, 11:27 AM  
Posted in reply to Melchior's post "I like Foles"
Eagle Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior View Post
But why does it seem like people have no recollection of his bad games? Wentz has never had a game as bad as Foles vs. Dallas, for instance. He was absolutely putrid in that shutout a couple years back.

Foles has also been injured multiple times, has limited athleticism, has a weaker arm, slower release, worse pocket presence/movement and less mobility than Wentz.

I get recency bias and all, but this shit is getting out of hand.

Foles has been injured, but he has also taken some vicious hits and returned to the game, he's pretty damn durable, has limited athleticism, yeah, sort of but compared to who, Russel Wilson, absolutely, Tom Brady, eh bout the same.

Weaker arm, yeah, but he is as someone on here put it, The Mad Bomber! Worse pocket presence, I don't think so, yes he moves slower than Wentz, but damn, the guy ALWAYS seems to find the best pass option available, that has been proven time and time again, his 3rd down completion stats are off the charts.

I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts, always hoping there is a way they are both here next year!

Last edited by Eagle Road; 01-09-2019 at 11:29 AM.
Eagle Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2019, 11:44 AM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "There is no QB controversy and it..."
IronEagle
El-Correctomundo

IronEagle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
There is no QB controversy and it should be obvious what I think. Wentz is the guy next year. Foles vs Wentz is a much more legitimate question that McNabb vs Garcia, but it's obvious that the FO thinks that Wentz can be a top 5 QB for 10 years.

I just think Wentz fans get too defensive. Foles has been awesome over the past two years. Stating that isn't a call for Wentz to get traded.
I agree. My main concern is that Wentz has not yet shown that he is 100 percent recovered from his knee injury. Until he does so I will always have a little worry. He didn't look right during this season.
Unread 01-09-2019, 04:44 PM  
Posted in reply to art vandelay's post starting "They get paid to make good radio...."
DEERSPINE GUY
LEGEND

Quote:

As soon as Wentz loses a game next season, WIP will have to shut down. Sports radio callers expect 3 Super Bowls today. It could take over 5 years for the decision to roll with Wentz to pay off.
WIP IS STILL ON THE AIR? WOW..WHO WOULDA THUNK IT.
Unread 01-09-2019, 05:30 PM  
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Forget WIP, I guess you haven’t seen

Quote:

the comments on this board.
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2019, 06:43 PM  
AthensEagle

Garcia ran the offense better than McNabb
AthensEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2019, 07:51 PM  
Posted in reply to IronEagle's post starting "I agree. My main concern is that Wentz..."
nerd

nerd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronEagle View Post
I agree. My main concern is that Wentz has not yet shown that he is 100 percent recovered from his knee injury. Until he does so I will always have a little worry. He didn't look right during this season.
That football doctor on Twitter said that, because it was two ligaments and not one, wentz probably wouldn't be "normal" till 2019. Plus...back fractures are ass. My dad had colon cancer, aortic bypass surgery, fractured hip and fractured back. Said the back was the worst. Every time he moved it was pain. Can't imagine playing football with that.