Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foles reportedly will not be tagged

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...franchise-tag/
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

That's weird...

Comment

Haaa!

Good luck to him...hope we get a 3rd round compensatory pick and hope he doesn’t become a Skinner

Comment

IIRC, Foles chief concern in moving forward was with the right Org. I think Denver would have fit him well. I think less so about the Jags, but it could work with that D.

I have to imagine, after the Rams, he has no desire to end up in foreskinerville. That place is a dumpster fire and everyone knows it.

Comment

You were right, besides the Eagles exercising the $20m option...

Eagles couldn’t garner even a 3rd round based on their leverage. Why even tag him for $20m the first go around? Should have been done right then.

Comment

When was Foles tagged for $20 million? And when was he ever trade-able?

Comment

the eagles reduced 2 mil against the cap by exercising their option and forcing foles to "pay back" 2 mil. It was basically a no-brainer.
              Last edited by JuTMSY4; 02-27-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                IIRC, Foles chief concern in moving forward was with the right Org. I think Denver would have fit him well. I think less so about the Jags, but it could work with that D.

I have to imagine, after the Rams, he has no desire to end up in foreskinerville. That place is a dumpster fire and everyone knows it.
                Arizona could honestly be an option. I think he still lives there and the cardinals didn't exactly give Rosen a glowing approval today.

They might go with Murray as the #1 pick but could get Foles to bridge the gap.

I would have loved to have gotten a pick but apparently the eagles not franchising Foles is looked upon highly by the players (apparently not trapping him and giving him the chance to find what's best for him).
                “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

The Eagles didn’t tag him. They excersied an option to pay him $20m this year. In turn, Foles exercises his option to buy out and pay back the Eagles $2m. $2m is $2m in this situation.

But what is the real situation with Foles? I think this quote by Howie is telling... “At the same time, we have had incredible success with him when he's had top play...”

Comment

No brainer if Foles told them he was going to buy out.

Comment

Yeah, and in exercising that option they forced Foles to pay back his $2 million bonus from 2018. It was a no brainer.

They never had an opportunity to trade Foles after exercising that option.

Comment

they could still cut him

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                        No brainer if Foles told them he was going to buy out.
                        up to a certain date. It was a gamble, but they likely knew he was going to buy it out. It gave them an extra 2 mil in cap space, which is arguably more valuable.

Comment

So they get $2 million back, and probably a third round comp pick.
                          -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Plus Foles said he wanted to start, and guys like Alex Smith are getting paid more than $20 million. No way Foles wasn't going to buy it out.

Comment

Yeah. I’m sure the Eagles would have liked the $2m back and a 3rd this year from a QB needy team.

Looks like no team valued giving up a 3rd for one year of service ( with a chance to sign him long term) at $25m ...and if he walks getting probably a 3rd back in 2021?

Apparently teams are not so bullish.

Comment

Working...
                              X