Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

... and let’s leave Dillard out of this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... and let’s leave Dillard out of this.

Wonderful selection.

The draft is a crap shoot. There’s really no reason to get worked up one way or the other at this point. We’ve been bitching for years about them ignoring RB and they need to get younger and cheaper at WR.

I’m also pretty sure you know these things though
    Last edited by broadstreetparade; 04-27-2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Well she wouldn't be a Drama Queen then!
      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

It’s not a crap shoot!!!

That’s a loser mentality and I’ve heard Howie and Lurie say this in some form or fashion as well.

They pay a shit load of money to get it right and frankly their “probability” of hitting it right should be much higher on average. They fucking do this shit for a living with computer analysis and full time employees. Howie has too much on his plate and should turn over the selection to a guy dedicated entirely to the draft.

There are aspects of Sanders game that I like and JJ Taco whatever...I may warm up to a little.

But I don’t give a shit right now. I want to be an angry fuck.

Seattle and New England are constantly killing the draft. Colts have been dangerous in the last two drafts. I want to punch something.

Comment

What exactly are you upset about? Sanders wasn't a reach in any way, and JJ Hakunamatata-Whiteshoes looks like a total stud and the most complete WR any Eagle team has drafted since 1982.

I was down on Dillard at first, but Mailata is still an unknown and it's a real need. Plus, the dude is a natural born pass protector. I think he's smart and athletic enough to learn how to run block.

I don't see what there is to be upset about here. They went meat & potatoes in the first, like they always do. Then they went sexy with both picks in the second. There's a good chance all three make meaningful contributions this year. The offense should be a lot of fun to watch.

Comment

Bingo.

Comment

His shtick got old in 2005. He’s just a troll now.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                His shtick got old in 2005. He’s just a troll now.
                I, for one, can appreciate how this regime is ensuring that the franchise QB has plenty of weapons to work with.

Comment

The coffee is strong and the anger feels right.

RB Montgomery (Sanders type)
                  RB Singletary ( Cohen type)
                  RB Damien Harris (hard runner)

If you are going RB by committee, why not trade back? They spent a 2nd pick on a rotation player.

... and why not be adventurous and take DK Metcalf? I get the slightly overrated part in the guy but it’s not like his dad isn’t Terry fuckin Metcalf. There’s a fire burning in this dude.

I’ve watched more stuff on Sanders and Taco-Whiteshoes Johnson. I’m warming up. I see the safeness in picking these guys. I see some of the LeGarrette Blount vision in Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                    The coffee is strong and the anger feels right.

RB Montgomery (Sanders type)
                    RB Singletary ( Cohen type)
                    RB Damien Harris (hard runner)

If you are going RB by committee, why not trade back? They spent a 2nd pick on a rotation player.

... and why not be adventurous and take DK Metcalf? I get the slightly overrated part in the guy but it’s not like his dad isn’t Terry fuckin Metcalf. There’s a fire burning in this dude.

I’ve watched more stuff on Sanders and Taco-Whiteshoes Johnson. I’m warming up. I see the safeness in picking these guys. I see some of the LeGarrette Blount vision in Sanders.
                    Maybe they don’t want to go RBBC and have just missed one previous opportunities to get the right guy in the draft (Dalvin cook comes to mind) and also don’t want to spend a ton of money at the RB position, because it’s a dumb thing to do.

Also metcalf is a one trick poney, there’s a reason why he fell to end of the 2nd round and the other ole miss WR got picked before him. Metcalf is not the type of WR who is going to replace alshon, which is what JJAW was ultimately drafter to do.
                    Last edited by broadstreetparade; 04-27-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I'm cool with them singling out the back they thinks presents the best fit and grabbing him while he's sitting there (as opposed to watching the board disintegrate before your eyes and reaching for someone like Pumphrey out of desperation). Montgomery and Henderson were my guys, but I'm not accounting for scheme fit, character, one-on-one interviews, etc. There's a lot to like about the way Sanders runs the football, his vision and patience, his strength, running through tackles, that sick-jump cut he has. Looks like a really good compliment to Jordan Howard.

I've been screaming for a RB for longer than I can remember. They got two, and completely revamped the room. I'm good today.
                      Last edited by The Duck; 04-27-2019, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Nobody wants Agholor. He’s a slot guy making 9.2m a year. It’s debatable if the Eagles “hit” on him with a draft pick in the 1st round. If they really “hit” on him, they’ll give him a second contract.

What WR has Howie hit on in the draft? What RB has Howie hit on in the draft?

Comment

We all have are issues.

I don’t particular like how you project your smugness onto other attorneys but that’s just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                            Nobody wants Agholor. He’s a slot guy making 9.2m a year. It’s debatable if the Eagles “hit” on him with a draft pick in the 1st round. If they really “hit” on him, they’ll give him a second contract.

What WR has Howie hit on in the draft? What RB has Howie hit on in the draft?
                            Howie hasn't drafted a top-tier running back since he's been here. Sanders is the first. So there's good reason to be excited about it.

To this day, I have no idea if Nelson was a Chip pick or a Howie pick. But, while he definitely wasn't a conventional "hit", I'm still glad they drafted him. The contribution he made to the team in Minnesota was irreplaceable. That counts for something.

Comment

Working...
                            X