Antonio Brown to Raiders for 2020 3rd and 5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antonio Brown to Raiders for 2020 3rd and 5th

Antonio will get a 3 year, $50m contract. $30m guaranteed.

I’m glad the Eagles didn’t not allocate resources to him.

Good.

Gruden is a moron.

Comment

AH YES. TO THE ISLAND OF MISFITS, PERFECT.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

That's all?
        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          That's all?
          He crushed his trade value when he said he doesn’t need to play football...then basically vetoed a trade to Buffalo. His contract also made it difficult...

Comment

I'm not sure Gruden is a moron for a 3rd and a 5th given all the picks they've accumulated. Didn't want anything to do with him on the Birds but for that mess of a team it makes sense IMO.

EDIT: Money is a lot. Not sure what their cap is like.
            Last edited by McCarthy12; 03-10-2019, 08:54 AM.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

yeah ok ... so the Raiders gave what the Eagles gave for Tate plus a 5 and Gruden's a moron?

Comment

Naa 10 years in the league IMHO

Was all he was worth, a 3rd and a 5th is what I texted my nephew; who was all over the trade...Guy would have been something on the outside for us,,,the cap hit was waaaaay to much,,,go get Bell and an OLB....draft draft draft!
                Last edited by TRENT; 03-10-2019, 09:54 AM.
                OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                "BFTR"

Comment

I don’t know what the Steelers cap situation is, but

yeah ok ... so the Raiders gave what the Eagles gave for Tate plus a 5 and Gruden's a moron?
                  I would have put the screws to Brown. Call their bluff by asking Brown and Drew Rosenhaus to put a trade value on Brown, and then hold to that. What are they going to say, Brown is only worth a 3rd and 5th?

Teams didn’t want to pay the big contract AND give up big value. The Steelers did Brown a favor.

Comment

Big picture...he had Cooper on a WAY cheaper deal. Brown is a headache and the Raiders aren’t ready to win now.

Brown is great, but I’ll give him 2 more years before he fades.

Comment

I didn't want the guy for a variety of reasons but he's arguably the best WR in the league and they paid jack to get him.

Assuming what I read is accurate and they were 64 mil under the cap going into the deal, Oakland was in a position to afford this and keep all their significantly valuable picks.

Don't see a moron move.

Comment

The Raiders are a team where players get better when they leave there (Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper). They have a QB they were talking about trading as recently as last week. They were also considering using those three first rounders to move up and draft another QB. If I was a Raiders fan, I don't see this as a fit. Selfish players on a bad team is usually a recipe for disaster. Maybe this move was made to sell tickets for the new stadium next year. Sure. I think winning sells more tickets.
                        Last edited by Snakebitten; 03-10-2019, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
                          Was all he was worth, a 3rd and a 5th is what I texted my nephew; who was all over the trade...Guy would have been something on the outside for us,,,the cap hit was waaaaay to much,,,go get Bell and an OLB....draft draft draft!
                          DON'T WANT BELL. I THINK INGRAM A BETTER FIT.
                          IF YOU WANT AN OLB I'D GRAB KYLE EMMANUEL FROM CHARGERS.
                          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I don't totally buy your apparent affinity for all things Patriot as a winning formula that precludes a diva wideout with serious talent.

Belichick went undefeated and should have beaten the fuckbag Vagiants with Randy Moss.

EDITE TO ADD: And I firmly believe that the Eagles beat the fuckbag Patriots if their diva WR didn't get horse collared.
                            Last edited by slag; 03-10-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Who's to say New England couldn't have won it all without Moss? It's not like history hasn't shown us they've done it several times without him. I'm not saying you can't win a Super Bowl with great players on the roster. I'm saying sometimes it's better to have great teammates. Sure, these teammates need to have talent. They just don't have to demand ten targets a game and put themselves ahead of the team. Belichick is good at recognizing this.

In regards to some teams needs, Brown could have been a 'perfect' fit for some contending teams. They passed for a reason and it wasn't the draft picks. Buffalo and Oakland were willing to roll the dice which is typically what bad and desperate teams do.

I've seen the Eagles win a Super Bowl and New England win several. There's no denying they had very similar blueprints. I'm ok with having an 'affinity for all things Patriot'. I fucking hate them but there's no denying they're the real gold standard.

Comment

Working...
                              X