No announcement yet.

Foles reportedly will not be tagged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. Howie folded and we’ll probably never know the details. He said he didn’t want to discuss trade talks. Maybe another team will, though.
    Last edited by Drama Queen; 02-27-2019, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Are you suggesting that maybe they could have received a 3rd round from a team but it wasn’t worth the cost of doing business.

Comment

Wouldn't it be funny if this was a "Harper report'' and they ended up tagging and trading him anyway. Maybe Howie if throwing some chum in the water to provoke a team....

Comment

The only way they could gain an opportunity to trade Foles was by applying the franchise tag. That was the debate. Would they or wouldn’t they tag him.

Comment

Haha

Howie goes down swinging!

Comment

I don't see how Howie folded.

Comment

It's not that teams aren't bullish. Howie knew that the Eagles would have zero negotiating power if they tagged Foles. Last year, the Eagles had leverage, and were reportedly offered the 1st pick of the 2nd round for Foles. The difference was that they could afford to keep Foles around last year, but couldn't afford it this year.

Comment

this is no surprise. They do not have the Cap Space to do it anyway.

Comment

His job is a game of chess. He played the $20m option to get back $2m. According to him, he waited for the combine to have discussions. After discussions at the combine and a after recent discuss with Foles regarding his desire to be a starter,, he announced that he folded and will not tag Foles.

Comment

For whatever reason, Howie didn’t apply the tag to maintain leverage.

Teams certainly weren’t bullish enough to obtain Foles for a 3rd round at $25m with a chance to sign him long over the course of a year, while received probably a 3rd round back in 2022 if he walked.

Comment

The dream ended when the idiot Elway traded for Old Man Flacco.

Oh well. I've never really had a second favorite team before. I will now whenever the MVP picks his new team*.

*obvious exclusions apply

Comment

After what Foles did for this Franchise and City

if he turned to Howie and said hey I just want to be a FA for everything I have done...I'm all in. I hope he goes to the Phins or Jags and beats the Pats every year!
                          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                          "BFTR"

Comment

I was just studying the Cap Space of QB needy teams

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                            The dream ended when the idiot Elway traded for Old Man Flacco.

Oh well. I've never really had a second favorite team before. I will now whenever the MVP picks his new team*.

*obvious exclusions apply
                            Specifically, I read an article on the Alex Smith’s cap situation. The Foreskins are in a worse case scenario, cap hell with Smith’s contract. It’s very complicated but I don’t see Foles landing there.

Denver had the most cap space and maybe their trade for Flacco killed the market.

Currently, the Giants are in much better shape than the Jaguars or Miami. The Bengals have lots of space.

Comment

I wouldn't say Howie folded, but I do think he was bluffing with the tag hoping somebody would bite, nobody did.

Comment

A game of cards...

Folding is the act of ending participation in a hand. No more bets are required to go into the pot by someone once they fold. Players can fold when it is their turn to act and they do not wish to continue. Most poker players do lots of folding preflop.

Comment

Working...
                                X