No announcement yet.

Harper's bat flip last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You and I both know the problem with the Os and it has nothing to do with the manager. Unfortunately, with his son, I don't think it's changing soon and that sucks. That ballpark is amazing.

Comment

Who said it was?

Maybe we should have these guys perform between innings so you won't be bored.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/03/drunk-...ng-each-other/
      Last edited by slag; 04-03-2019, 01:29 PM.
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

NATS GM SAID.... NO PROBLEM WITH BAT FLIP, YA HIT A BALL THAT FAR YA DO ANYTHING YA WANT.

SHIT I'D BE OK WITH POLE DANCE AT HOME PLATE, OR RIDE IT BACK TO THE DUGOUT LIKE A HORSE, AFTER ROUNDING BASSES. KEEP HITTING 3 IN 5 GAMES.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
          Who said it was?

Maybe we should have these guys perform between innings so you won't be bored.

https://nypost.com/2019/04/03/drunk-...ng-each-other/
          I'D PAY TO SEE THAT.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Oh yeah I know. The beginning of the end was when he signed Joey Belle. That was a big Fuck You to the Oriole Way.

While I went to Memorial Stadium at least four times, I’ve never been to Camden Yards. When I graduated law school I had a really good job offer from the Wilmington firm where I spent my 2L summer, but I (stupidly) took a big firm job in NYC instead. Otherwise I’d be there all the time (probably to the Vet/CBP too). Someday I’ll get there.
            Last edited by RSE; 04-03-2019, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
              I'D PAY TO SEE THAT.
              I'm kind of surprised we don't hear about that happening more often.

Comment

Slag is an old school guy all about players who "get it"
                WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Well, based on early returns it's hard to argue that Harper doesn't "get it."

Comment

They’re part of it

Originally posted by slag View Post
                    Yeah ... my bad ... bat flips are the key to exciting baseball ... what am I thinking?
                    Players being able to express raw emotion and show their personalities is important in the modern era.

People have more options than ever in terms of what to watch, and there’s substantial entertainment value in showmanship. Get over it.

Comment

This conversation is complete BS. Of course "little leaguers" have to comport themselves appropriately. They have other things to worry about than celebrating. They are still learning the game. Same with High Schoolers, College and even minor league players.

When you get to the big leagues, you are proven. And now you are in the "show" and your job is to be entertaining beyond hitting and catching.

No one on this board or anywhere else says jack crap when a pitcher--like Scherzer--prances all over the mound pumping their fist and screaming expletives when they get key strike outs.

Comment

Working...
                      X