IGGLEPHANS  

Go Back   IGGLEPHANS > Igglephans Main Board

Unread 04-27-2019, 09:43 PM   #1
Anthony

Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Trust The Process

Get Hinkie start tanking again. This team is terminally flawed.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2019, 09:47 PM  
Posted in reply to Anthony's post "Trust The Process"
dev_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Get Hinkie start tanking again. This team is terminally flawed.
Don't be an asshole, it's only game one.
dev_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2019, 09:48 PM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Don't be an asshole, it's only game one."
HEREisAKERS

Yeah youíre CRAZY !
Unread 04-27-2019, 10:05 PM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Don't be an asshole, it's only game one."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_32 View Post
Don't be an asshole, it's only game one.
He's not wrong. The Fultz deal was a killer. Trading away all of their assets to win now, when they weren't anywhere close to being a legit title contender, and get two guys who can walk this off-season was even worse.

They were stupid, delusional, and impatient, and they have a mismatched, badly thrown together team as a result. The Sixers are an epic flameout waiting to happen. I wish it weren't so, but that's what I see.
The Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2019, 10:13 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "He's not wrong. The Fultz deal was a..."
dev_32

Eh, we all know that. But Dumping everyone on the team in favor of ping pong balls is stupid.

Again, it's game one. See how the rest go. If it's bad, I think they dump Brown.
Unread 04-27-2019, 10:17 PM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Eh, we all know that. But Dumping..."
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_32 View Post
Eh, we all know that. But Dumping everyone on the team in favor of ping pong balls is stupid.

Again, it's game one. See how the rest go. If it's bad, I think they dump Brown.
Iím not advocating re-tanking. I just think itís inevitable. This isnít a smart organization.
Unread 04-27-2019, 10:25 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Iím not advocating re-tanking. I just..."
dev_32

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
Iím not advocating re-tanking. I just think itís inevitable. This isnít a smart organization.
Agreed, they are a weird organization.

When a team rebuilds, with all the times they get to draft, how many bona fide all-stars would you expect? Two feels "reasonable" to me, and that's what they got. Plus with other assets they were able to get Butler and Harris. That being said, the team has never felt like they've come together. What's a reasonable amount of time to expect that to occur?
Unread 04-27-2019, 10:56 PM  
Posted in reply to dev_32's post starting "Agreed, they are a weird organization. ..."
The Duck

Depends on how the team's built, I guess. When you're selling out your future to bring in supposedly ready-made "stars" to win now, you don't get the same slack that an organic team of home-grown talent does. I think the reasonable expectation with this team was that they'd take a demonstrable step forward so they could sell those "stars" on coming back and finishing the job. I guess that could still happen, but it seems unlikely at this point.
Unread 04-28-2019, 11:39 AM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Iím not advocating re-tanking. I just..."
Drama Queen

Drama Queen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yep. The Process wasnít the problem

Quote:
The problem was missing on some player evaluations.
Drama Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2019, 01:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama Queen View Post
You mean like trading up for the number one overall and whiffing?
1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2019, 02:04 PM  
Posted in reply to 1960's post starting "You mean like trading up for the number..."
Snakebitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1960 View Post
You mean like trading up for the number one overall and whiffing?
Then trading that number one pick and whiffing again.
Snakebitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2019, 03:45 PM   #12
The Duck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama Queen View Post
The problem was having Colangelo forced on them by the league at the most critical point of the rebuild. Hinkie was capable of making a bad pick (Okafor), but there's no way he would have made these cataclysmic blunders. He never would have been so reckless with the assets he worked so hard to acquire.
Unread 04-29-2019, 03:27 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "The problem was having Colangelo forced..."
Anthony

Harris should have told the NBA go fuck yourselves, I'm keeping Hinkie. He's a pussy.

Quote:
The problem was having Colangelo forced on them by the league at the most critical point of the rebuild. Hinkie was capable of making a bad pick (Okafor), but there's no way he would have made these cataclysmic blunders. He never would have been so reckless with the assets he worked so hard to acquire.
Unread 04-29-2019, 03:40 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "The problem was having Colangelo forced..."
udontknowme

Quote:
Okafor right now looks like a slam dunk pick compared to Markelle. I think you all are being big giant babies. Simmons and Jojo are only in year 2 and they are already with 2 50 win teams and allstars. They should grow as players, the key is just making the right decisions with the rest of the roster. I don't expect them to win this series, Toronto is a really good team.
udontknowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2019, 03:50 PM  
Posted in reply to The Duck's post starting "Depends on how the team's built, I..."
McCarthy12

McCarthy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not as down on this group as I guess others are. I think, if they want to stay here, the foursome of Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Butler is good enough to win. The potential is there with this group. We've all seen it. And we all roll our eyes at the "they haven't played together enough" line, but there's probably more truth there than any of us are willing to admit.

I think the bigger issue is the bench and it has been for years. They keep worrying about "star hunting" and ignoring the rest of the team. All they have on the bench are inadequate big men (except Boban) and guys who chuck up threes. There's nothing there that resembles a unit that can spell the starters on a championship team.
Unread 04-29-2019, 04:08 PM  
Posted in reply to McCarthy12's post starting "I'm not as down on this group as I..."
nerd

nerd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCarthy12 View Post
I'm not as down on this group as I guess others are. I think, if they want to stay here, the foursome of Embiid, Simmons, Harris and Butler is good enough to win. The potential is there with this group. We've all seen it. And we all roll our eyes at the "they haven't played together enough" line, but there's probably more truth there than any of us are willing to admit.

I think the bigger issue is the bench and it has been for years. They keep worrying about "star hunting" and ignoring the rest of the team. All they have on the bench are inadequate big men (except Boban) and guys who chuck up threes. There's nothing there that resembles a unit that can spell the starters on a championship team.
Can thank collars for some of that. Jerami Grant, Nerlens. Could be valuable bench players and didn't get much back.
Unread 04-29-2019, 04:14 PM  
Posted in reply to Anthony's post "Trust The Process"
Anthony

Collars did fuck things up but no way would I keep Jimmy Butler at the $ he would want. Improving the bench is important but I'd rather Klay Thompson than Butler if they go max.

Also, Embiid is going to have a short career, the window is now not 5 years from now. I don't blame Elton for trying but now they have to get creative the next year or two and make a run.
Unread 04-29-2019, 04:15 PM  
Posted in reply to nerd's post starting "Can thank collars for some of that. ..."
McCarthy12

McCarthy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

For sure. I agree with everyone that there have been some serious personnel mistakes and that has killed them. Absolutely. The Fultz/Colangelo debacle ultimately took this thing off the rails.
Unread 04-29-2019, 04:15 PM  
Posted in reply to nerd's post starting "Can thank collars for some of that. ..."

So Embiid has the stomach bug. What do they feed this team?
1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2019, 04:35 PM  
Posted in reply to Anthony's post starting "Collars did fuck things up but no way..."
nerd

nerd is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Collars did fuck things up but no way would I keep Jimmy Butler at the $ he would want. Improving the bench is important but I'd rather Klay Thompson than Butler if they go max.

Also, Embiid is going to have a short career, the window is now not 5 years from now. I don't blame Elton for trying but now they have to get creative the next year or two and make a run.
He'll have a short career if he doesn't get in better shape. he needs to lose a few lb's to put less pressure on his knees.

He had that meniscus surgery. Like Durant and Westbrook had it...and then had like 2 more follow-up surgeries each.