I agree with a number of things Phil Mushnick says in this piece

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree with a number of things Phil Mushnick says in this piece

In fact, I pretty much agree with it all.

https://nypost.com/2019/07/04/silenc...baseball-talk/
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I hate listening to woman talk about sports

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Almost always prefer the sound off watching sports. No surprise that ARod can't count. But he lost me with the silly rants on Kaepernick and the World Champion soccer team.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Man, some of the old head announcers knew how to let the game breath. It's a lost art.

Comment

Art?

Hardly ... it's a frame of mind ... ie. recognizing that people are watching to see the game, not to hear his dipshit musings.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I agree with this:

Sunday night, Braves-Mets on ESPN continued to stuff another telecast past its breaking point. With Ron Swoboda in the booth, ESPN posted and discussed a stat that showed the “Catch Probability” of Swoboda’s diving catch in the 1969 World Series as “8-10 percent.”

Based on what? Swoboda’s previous attempts at exactly the same catch? Or thousands of other outfielders in, at best, similar attempts? This was pure, ESPN-issued junk presented as fact.

And given he caught the ball, Swoboda’s catch probability was 100 percent.
            Those types of statistics and in-game win probabilities are fun and all but they are also completely ridiculous. Dorkametrics on steroids.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

TYFYS

Comment

I think baseball in general needs to get quieter. No walk-up music, no in-game hosts at the stadium, just organ music and crowd noise.

After many years of cord cutting, I went back to cable this past month and have ESPN for the first time in 5 years. I actually enjoy having it, but they do need to dial it back a bit. Execs should watch some of the broadcasts from the '80s and try to reconnect with what got them to where they are.
                Last edited by BigSlizz; 07-10-2019, 11:12 AM.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I will always treasure summers listening to Chuck Thompson and Bill O'Donnell calling Orioles games on the radio.
                  Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

FOR ME WHEN I WAS A TYKE, IT WAS BILL CAMPBELL, BY SAMM AND RICHIE ASHBURN, LISTENING ON MY LITTLE TRANSISTOR RADIO IN BED ON SCHOOL NIGHTS.
                    THE SMELL OF CIGARS DRIFTING IN MY BEDROOM WINDOW FROM MR. JACOBS AND MR. DAEGGER, IN JACOBS BACK YARD LISTENING TO PHILS THEIR RADIO.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                    X