No announcement yet.

Talking heads RE: Foles & tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously I don't think Foles being tagged is worth more than what the eagles would get as a comp pick (Assumed to be a high third), our differing opinions there would lead me to think you are overvaluing Foles regarding draft capital. Now I could see a scenario where maybe a team like Jacksonville throws a player in (who perhaps doesn't fit their scheme or culture) with a lesser draft pick (like a 6th) to grease the wheels so to speak on obtaining Foles. What has sudfeld done in this league to warrant anyone offering a 2nd? He's cheap so that's nice but why is anyone giving up that kind of draft capital for a guy who has been in the league 3 years and hasn't played a full game?

Edited to add: I haven't looked at the qbs in the draft. I know haskins was being mocked highly and I didn't care for him so... I don't know and I'm not gonna just throw shit at the wall I. E. Predicting a trade to happen in the following days after the eagles picked Nick's option up.
    Last edited by Greenstealth; 02-22-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Like all players, I think Foles’s draft value is based

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
      Obviously I don't think Foles being tagged is worth more than what the eagles would get as a comp pick (Assumed to be a high third), our differing opinions there would lead me to think you are overvaluing Foles regarding draft capital. Now I could see a scenario where maybe a team like Jacksonville throws a player in (who perhaps doesn't fit their scheme or culture) with a lesser draft pick (like a 6th) to grease the wheels so to speak on obtaining Foles. What has sudfeld done in this league to warrant anyone offering a 2nd? He's cheap so that's nice but why is anyone giving up that kind of draft capital for a guy who has been in the league 3 years and hasn't played a full game?

Edited to add: I haven't looked at the qbs in the draft. I know haskins was being mocked highly and I didn't care for him so... I don't know and I'm not gonna just throw shit at the wall I. E. Predicting a trade to happen in the following days after the eagles picked Nick's option up.
      on many variable that can change over time. Under the current circumstance regarding Foles contract expiration, the Eagles limited leverage, etc, I agree that he will not command much more than a 3rd round value. Hopefully multiple teams show enough interest to change that. If the Eagles had him locked up with a favoritable contract, I could see Foles commanding a higher end 2nd or something. If the Eagles get anything better than a 3rd than that will show there was a market for him. I could see a swap of second round picks with Jacksonville. On the surface people won’t be happy but that’s good value. A player trade could make a lot of sense too.

Sudfeld hits a lot of checkmarks for me. He comes from a HS area big on football, His brother played for the Jets so there is some pedigree, he was successful in college, all though it’s a limited sample he performed very well in preseason games. Last year, he played Dallas in the last game with all back ups and Dallas played most of their starters and he played very well.... something like 19 of 23 and set an NFL record for completion percentage forr a first time starter. He was a member of the best QB room in the NFL the past two years with Wentz playing at a MVP level before injury and Foles as a SB MVP. We all know about the coaching staff as well.

Most importantly, he passes the eyeball test, with the exception of maybe forcing the ball a few times, but that can be worked out. IMO, he is ready to be a valuable, high end backup QB with reason to believe in his potential. IMO, that’s certainly worth a 2nd pick at the small price tag of 4.5m.

Maybe you need to see more from him to make a statement like this. For me, I pushed a lot more chips in on Sudfeld after that Dallas performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground_Meat View Post
        I’ll say the same...Except Foles to Jax
        Bingo

Comment

Working...
        X