Why The Fuck Did He Put Hunter In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why The Fuck Did He Put Hunter In?

It’s a miracle They’ve been winning besides this assholes decisions.

Unbelievable. Gabe blows, period.

Comment

getting mad at your pitching when they give up 2 runs is sorta silly, right?

Although, yes, hunter blows. Neshek is probably the best reliever on the team.

Comment

Gabe is so fucking bad, they keep last year's manager they win the division and he was nothing to write home about.

Odubel Herrera is a fucking disgrace striking out on a HBP. Their defense is ignored and non existent. Analytics is a joke. No bunting or moving runners up or hit and run and they can't hit with RISP. Their hitting coach should be fired today and Gabe should not be far behind. The only reason they are close at all is because the Nats are underachieving this year.

Comment

bookmarked

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
          Gabe is so fucking bad, they keep last year's manager they win the division and he was nothing to write home about.

Odubel Herrera is a fucking disgrace striking out on a HBP. Their defense is ignored and non existent. Analytics is a joke. No bunting or moving runners up or hit and run and they can't hit with RISP. Their hitting coach should be fired today and Gabe should not be far behind. The only reason they are close at all is because the Nats are underachieving this year.
          for appropriate geighbacking.

Comment

I was definitely miffed by Gabe early on, but I look at this team and I don't see a whole bunch of stars. I see a young team over-performing, and the manager has to get some credit for that IMO.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Allegedly the players like him ... notwithstanding, he's got a team with terrific starting pitching that gets fucked in the ass repeatedly by bad defense and a new school horseshit approach to offense and relief pitching.

Having said that, Hunter has actually pitched well of late and I don't blame Gabe Kwon Do for that badly placed cutter.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Look, analytics are part of the game now I get it but what pisses me off is Gabe does not play any situational baseball at all. These geeks that try to reinvent the game are discounting 2 things: #1 is talent which I get it Gabe doesn't have enough right now and #2 manufacturing runs which he can do. Kingery is on 1st base with decent speed in the 9th and waits until 2 outs for him to steal. Why not with 1 out? 1st and 2nd no one out down by 1 or tied in SD and no bunting. Actually no bunting at all. The hitters just hack away at anything even if the pitch hits them or is wild. Never green lights 3-0 which Charlie did constantly. Hitting approach is horrible, even with average to below batters. Is it the hitting coach?

Comment

As I mentioned before, the team's success is because of the starting pitching. The fact that they have to rely on home runs to score runs and cannot play small ball will be the reason they will eventually fade out of contention. Batting Santana at the cleanup spot most of the year is still head-scratching. I get Herrera has a good contract but you can't win anything with players like him. I prefer they trade him in the off-season. Kingery needs to go back to the minors. CocoNuts isn't the reason this team is struggling. This lineup is brutal offensively and defensively. They should know how to hit and throw already. I still think Klentak is learning on the job and has failed putting the appropriate players on this roster so far. The fanbase knows this team is a mirage which is why they can't sell tickets. Maybe the starting pitching, bullpen, and hitting will finally all get on the same page at the same time and they can make a run. I don't expect it but stranger things have happened.

Comment

Kingery is on 1st base with decent speed in the 9th and waits until 2 outs for him to steal. Why not with 1 out?
                    In CocoNuts defense, he tried to send him earlier but the batters kept fouling off pitches. The fact that it happened twice with one strike or less is where they failed. They needed to take at least one pitch somewhere.

Comment

Well if Doug taught us anything it's that youngish head coaches in their 1st year on the job, who struggle but show flashes and get players to buy in while also showing a willingness to change, accept criticism and embrace new school mentalities definitely do not get better and should be fired 3/4 of the way through their 1st year. That's just good business.
                      Last edited by Sect 236; 08-15-2018, 10:43 AM.

Comment

What new school mentality did Gomer install aside from getting very aggressive and going a little against the book on 4th down?

If anything he more than countered it with more old school commitment to the run.

Kelly was the new school maven.

Although Gomer did employ Kelly's RPO game also.
                        Last edited by slag; 08-15-2018, 10:57 AM.
                        Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I'm not sure if you're trying to include this or not, but:

Originally posted by slag View Post
                          What new school mentality did Gomer install aside from getting very aggressive and going a little against the book on 4th down?
                          http://www.espn.com/blog/philadelphi...-fueled-attack

It's 4th downs, but it's all situational playcalling that's influenced by analytics. Is that really different than Gabe's use of relievers?

Comment

#1 talent - it's not gabe's fault that he doesn't have enough
                            #2 i agree that that gabe can manufacture runs. this means that he's good on both the things that bother you about new school managing.

it's really not gabe's fault that this lineup sucks. i think he's done pretty well with them considering. i'm fine with his bullpen approach, but obviously since it's different, he's going to take all the blame whenever things go wrong.

Comment

Look, analytics are part of the game now I get it but what pisses me off is Gabe does not play any situational baseball at all. These geeks that try to reinvent the game are discounting 2 things: #1 is talent which I get it Gabe doesn't have enough right now and #2 manufacturing runs which he can do. Kingery is on 1st base with decent speed in the 9th and waits until 2 outs for him to steal. Why not with 1 out? 1st and 2nd no one out down by 1 or tied in SD and no bunting. Actually no bunting at all. The hitters just hack away at anything even if the pitch hits them or is wild. Never green lights 3-0 which Charlie did constantly. Hitting approach is horrible, even with average to below batters. Is it the hitting coach?
                              When he didn't have them bunt in SD I was thoroughly disgusted. His damn team hadn't scored a run in over 16 innings and his refusal to play situational baseball blew up in his face yet again. There's a lack of the "feel for the game" when you incorporate analytics when the reality is staring you right in the face.

Comment

Working...
                              X