Mikal Bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
    I like getting future first rounders. I'm not going to say I hate Zhaire Smith because I know nothing about his shot.
    He’s definitely not a shooter. Its all a crap shoot. I hope it’s works out.

Comment

I like getting future first rounders. I'm not going to say I hate Zhaire Smith because I know nothing about his shot.
      Unprotected first rounder from a team with little future. I like Mikal, have never seen Zhaire play, but I get the move.
      Last edited by rothdawg; 06-21-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

What is a first round pick in 3 years even worth? Like how could you ever know where that pick is going to end up?

Comment

They have to have JJ now

Comment

If they like Smith, it's worth rolling the dice. This is why I liked Hinkie and hated Colangelo. This is an asset that can be used for a future trade. They had Smith in several times over the last week so they must have liked what they saw. They made this move for the player not the pick.

For what it's worth, I'd rather have a first round pick from the Heat than most teams in the league right now. I don't see them trending in the right direction as a future NBA playoff team.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
              What is a first round pick in 3 years even worth? Like how could you ever know where that pick is going to end up?
              When an NBA team doesn’t have anything that resembles a superstar, chances are their unprotected 1st round pick is going to be a very good asset to have, even 3 years away.

Comment

Mikal's mom is creating burner accounts on twitter right now to trash the sixers lol

Comment

Same. That's a valuable pick whether they keep it or trade it. Liked Bridges but not enough to get worked up about it. The 10th pick in the NBA draft is like the 30th pick in the NFL draft.
                  "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

If they like Smith, it's worth rolling the dice. This is why I liked Hinkie and hated Colangelo. This is an asset that can be used for a future trade. They had Smith in several times over the last week so they must have liked what they saw. They made this move for the player not the pick.

For what it's worth, I'd rather have a first round pick from the Heat than most teams in the league right now. I don't see them trending in the right direction as a future NBA playoff team.
                    You beat me by a minute

Comment

I liked Fultz over Tatum a year ago. I'm not going to pretend I know anything about Smith's game.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                        You beat me by a minute
                        I'll let you post first on the next pick. I'm sure I'll have no idea who this guy is.

Comment

I don't know anything other than what I've read. I think the likelihood of getting a real difference maker outside the first few picks is slim so Bridges for Smith is whatever. The Suns' pick could be a top 5 or it could be used to trade for a sure thing.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I will never knock getting a non-protected first rounder...unless it's from a superteam.

Comment

Saved .a million dollars in cap space

Comment

2021 is the rumored first year that HS kids can declare for the draft, so there's added value to that pick.

I also haven't watched much of Zhaire and even when I did watch TX Tech I wasnt zeroing in on him. What I see from the videos I've watched of him during the draft cycle is that his form and mechanics are fine, it's the speed of his set up and release that are the problem. If they can speed that up while also keeping the form as is, he should be ok with his shot. The kid can definitely defend, rebound and is already a top 5 athlete in the league. Supposedly he's got a great basketball IQ too.

Mikal was the better fit to play next season, but Zhaire seems to have more upside. Personally, since this is the last year we'll have a lottery pick (unless SAC comes in at #1 or they keep that MIA pick) I'm more than ok with taking the high risk/high reward player over the low risk/good reward player, plus adding a valuable pick. Picking in the lottery but having Joel, Ben, Dario and (hopefully back to normal) Markelle gives you the luxury of being able to gamble.
                                Last edited by Sect 236; 06-22-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X