No announcement yet.

Machado watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like we're losing another star to LA. Reports have him going to the Dodgers now.

Comment

I wasn't the one saying he was taking plays off. My issue was him stating that he would only play short. Sure, it's obviously not a deal breaker but that's disappointing to hear. I like the players who are willing to put the team's needs first. That's just me. I can assure you I will not complain if this team brings him in like I did with Santana.

Speaking of Santana, if I recall correctly, you ripped me when I didn't like the deal. I bet if they had an opportunity to not make that move now, they wouldn't have. One of the biggest reason this offense stalls is because the cleanup hitter either walks or gets out. At the very least, bat him in the two hole and put Hoskins (who shouldn't have been put in the outfield) in the cleanup spot.

I have no idea what Crawford and Kingery will be but I've seen enough of Franco. I'm not a big fan of Crawford's bat but I have to assume the organization sees something in him they like. Maybe not. There also has to be a reason Franco was sat for an extended period during the season. Time will only tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        Looks like we're losing another star to LA. Reports have him going to the Dodgers now.
        If he ends up anywhere other than here, LA isn't horrible since they already have a quality shortstop who's out for the season (Corey Seager). I'm assuming Turner stays at third. That may mean he's only there as a rental. Hopefully.
        Last edited by Snakebitten; 07-17-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

None of this was directed at you specifically, but this thread is littered with some really silly comments.

Santana has really come on since June - every knew he was a slow starter but his OBP numbers are ridiculous and he's been providing pro at bats all season. If they add Machado to that mix, Santana certainly increases in value. I'm still fine with the deal and I don't think they would take it back.

Crawford's like a light hitting Santana - he's always been a lower BA, higher OBP guy. His glove is far better than it looks and he's versatile. Not sure he'll ever be elite though.

And Franco is Franco - this line-up is just better this year with Franco than Kingery/Crawford. Going forward, it's hard to say, but probably the latter.

First, Jon Heyman is typically full if shit. Not to say he's wrong, but the responsive speculation is the Os are trying to make the Phillies add more. I do not believe they'll increase the deal at all.

Also, Heyman already walked that back quite a bit.

Also, like Snake said, I'm fine with LA - I don't think they're a long-term player for Machado. They probably also need to resign Kershaw (who I think can opt out and get another big contract this year).
          Last edited by JuTMSY4; 07-17-2018, 09:56 AM.

Comment

You can’t believe anything right around a trade. It’s a planted by agents and GM’s to drive up the price.

Comment

Would you rather have Harper than Machado if you knew that if you didn't sign him he would remain a National? Let's assume they can only get one. It's a tough decision for me.

Old article about this...

https://www.thegoodphight.com/2018/3...illies-or-nats

“I would bet the family farm that Bryce Harper winds up with the Phillies or back with the Washington Nationals.”

Comment

I could see that. However, the Gnats simply don't have the cash to keep him (I don't think).

Comment

I still have high hopes for Crawford, he's got elite plate discipline and I agree with you that his glove is much better than what he's showing right now. Unfortunately, if Machado is refusing to play anywhere but short, JPC might be the odd man out.

If they give up anything more than Medina and one of Gamboa/Ortiz/Kilome (let alone Sixto), that's an overpay IMO.
                  Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

If Machado comes to Philly and wins a championship this year, I'll eat a full pound of dog shit with a smile on my face.
                    Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

If Machado trade happens, IE will need to sticky this or something.

Comment

Sounds like a Hail Mary from the Orioles to drive up the price more

Comment

Bob Nightengale saying it's imminent. however, he's a turd who is often wrong and is often used by management to drive prices up and sniff things out.

Comment

All of the "this team is the favorite....

to land him and then the next day THAT team is the favorite to land him" smacks of the O's leaking info to get better offers from the other teams.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
                            John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

It's like when Ainge played Collangeblow

Maybe a smidge different as no one else wanted to give up what the Sixers gave up to move two spots.
                              John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

The Phils are not as desperate to make this trade as the others. Dodgers were one game away from winning it all last year. Let them overpay and go after Machado/Harper in the off season.
                                Last edited by Anthony; 07-17-2018, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X