This was worth losing in 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was worth losing in 2005

It was worth every single heartbreak from Mike Michel ruining my 7th Christmas in 1978, to the 1980 Super Bowl, to the Fog Bowl, to the utterly wasted '91 defense, to watching Dallas' 90s dynasty rub shit in our faces, to Tampa Bay and all of the NFCCG losses... every last bit of heartache and agony made this night the greatest night there will ever be in Philadelphia. It surpassed the 1980 Phils, the Broad Street Bullies, the '83 Sixers and the 2008 Phillies combined. None of us will ever see anything like this again. This can't be topped, it can't be equalled. On the Mt. Rushmore of Philly sports achievements, this one gets carved onto its own mountain. Alone. On the fucking moon.

I still can't wrap my mind around how great this game was, how unbelievable this story was, how absolutely amazing that night was. It was everything we love about sports... epic, poetic, thrilling, nerve racking, exhilarating... and complete and total redemption for every one of us who have lived and died with this team for our entire lives. The whole country was rooting for our team, and they delivered, led by a castoff backup QB, in the most jaw-dropping fashion imaginable against the greatest QB there ever was on the gaudiest statistical night of his career.

I'd say you couldn't write this, but Sylvester Stallone did write it 40 years ago. Rocky II wasn't a movie... it was motherfreaking prophecy.

I've never loved Philadelphia as much as I did this weekend. I hated getting on the plane, I never wanted it to end. I wouldn't trade those three sleepless insane days for anything in the world. I only wish I could have shared this with my Dad and my sister. Those are the only two things that could have made it any more perfect.

Enjoy the parade, Igglephans. It's going to be the greatest the world has ever seen. And you all absolutely deserve it. From the Rivals boards to here, it's been one of the great honors of my life suffering with you all for the last 19 years. Let the dynasty begin.

Wow

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
    It was worth every single heartbreak from Mike Michel ruining my 7th Christmas in 1978, to the 1980 Super Bowl, to the Fog Bowl, to the utterly wasted '91 defense, to watching Dallas' 90s dynasty rub shit in our faces, to Tampa Bay and all of the NFCCG losses... every last bit of heartache and agony made this night the greatest night there will ever be in Philadelphia. It surpassed the 1980 Phils, the Broad Street Bullies, the '83 Sixers and the 2008 Phillies combined. None of us will ever see anything like this again. This can't be topped, it can't be equalled. On the Mt. Rushmore of Philly sports achievements, this one gets carved onto its own mountain. Alone. On the fucking moon.

I still can't wrap my mind around how great this game was, how unbelievable this story was, how absolutely amazing that night was. It was everything we love about sports... epic, poetic, thrilling, nerve racking, exhilarating... and complete and total redemption for every one of us who have lived and died with this team for our entire lives. The whole country was rooting for our team, and they delivered, led by a castoff backup QB, in the most jaw-dropping fashion imaginable against the greatest QB there ever was on the gaudiest statistical night of his career.

I'd say you couldn't write this, but Sylvester Stallone did write it 40 years ago. Rocky II wasn't a movie... it was motherfreaking prophecy.

I've never loved Philadelphia as much as I did this weekend. I hated getting on the plane, I never wanted it to end. I wouldn't trade those three sleepless insane days for anything in the world. I only wish I could have shared this with my Dad and my sister. Those are the only two things that could have made it any more perfect.

Enjoy the parade, Igglephans. It's going to be the greatest the world has ever seen. And you all absolutely deserve it. From the Rivals boards to here, it's been one of the great honors of my life suffering with you all for the last 19 years. Let the dynasty begin.

Perfectly stated brother. I only wish I could be at the parade tomorrow. Next year's parade won't be nearly as special!
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Awesome post

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Cheers, Duck. Glad you got to watch it in town!

Comment

Well said. The 2017 Eagles gave us a season that cannot be topped. To all the Eagles fans who are not with us are watching down us and smiling. Jerome Brown was probably going crazy like a little kid on his birthday. Its amazing how one team and a special victory has affected so many in a positive way.

Comment

Great fucking post man.

I never want it to end.

Comment

Fucking aye!! That’s some Kyle Brandt level shit!

We are the same age I believe. You old bastard.

Comment

Great post. So much has changed in my life since '05. One of the few constants has always been this place. So thankful for the friendships I've formed here and so happy for every single one of us.
              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Goosebumps
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

WOW!

This is a HOF post if there ever was one.

Comment

Working...
                  X