Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we sick of

relentless 3-point shots yet?

I know I have been for years ... anyone else want to watch some basketball?

This shit has reached the point where it's ten guys playing motion H-O-R-S-E.
    Last edited by slag; 06-01-2018, 09:22 AM. Reason: typo
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

I’ve been sick of it for thirty five years.

Introducing the shortened three point line to college and high school basketball destroyed the game.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
      I’ve been sick of it for thirty five years.

Introducing the shortened three point line to college and high school basketball destroyed the game.
      The style of play in the NBA has changed dramatically since 1993. Until Curry entered the league seasons consisted of one shitty dunkfest after another. I am personally enjoying how the game has evolved this decade.

Different strokes I guess...
      Last edited by 06hawkalum; 06-01-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Do you remember what the game was like before the three point line in college?

Comment

I’ve been saying this for years now.

Originally posted by slag View Post
          relentless 3-point shots yet?

I know I have been for years ... anyone else want to watch some basketball?

This shit has reached the point where it's ten guys playing motion H-O-R-S-E.
          I find the game unwatchable. There’s really nothing to see when teams jack up anywhere from 30 to 45% of their shots from 3 point range.

Also, as RSE points out, the 3 point line in college has destroyed that game.

Throw in that cute bit of officiating when they change a call in the waning moments to keep Golden State alive and you put the cherry on top of a crappy product. The only saving grace of the finals is watching James drive to the hoop. A thing of beauty.
          "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

I know this is gimmicky

but, assuming they won't remove the fucking thing ... it occurred to me that a compromise I'd like would be:

Move the line back (particularly in college and HS) ... then make all shots count for 2 until the 4th quarter ... only then does a 3 count for 3.

Comment

Even too close for the pro game. Should move it back another 2 feet.

Comment

As someone who rarely watches basketball, probably since AI playoffs vs. Lakers, I was wondering...has there always been this much "screening" where offensive players stand in the way of defensive players to force someone open? Seems like that's more common now but what do I know.
                YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                  but, assuming they won't remove the fucking thing ... it occurred to me that a compromise I'd like would be:

Move the line back (particularly in college and HS) ... then make all shots count for 2 until the 4th quarter ... only then does a 3 count for 3.
                  Make it a 2 1/2 point shot. Reduces the incentive. Also would allow for wacky scores.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

I would like that.

I still love the NBA but the style of play from, say, '88-'98 (when I started watching) has changed and not for the better.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Too gimmicky
                      Last edited by slag; 06-02-2018, 07:56 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Oh please

Can you see those boats JoJo wears fitting in bounds if the line is moved back two feet?
                        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Meh

Was the isolation game any better?
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Good point.
                            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I have one now and then

Comment

Working...
                              X