No announcement yet.

Sure, it’s only the third game, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure, it’s only the third game, but....

It’s hard to dislike any of the personnel moves for this season.

We’ve already discussed the lineup, but it’s hard to imagine the defense unraveling like last year.

Maybe some talented vets will offset Gabe.
    Last edited by BigSlizz; 03-31-2019, 09:26 PM.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
    It’s hard to dislike any of the personnel moves for this season.

We’ve already discussed the lineup, but it’s hard to imagine the defense unraveling like last year.

Maybe some talented vets will offset Gabe.
    And Gabe may improve. Very few managers set the world on fire in their rookie season.

Comment

This team has mojo.

Comment

I just ordered a Harper jersey.

Why not? It'll be current for a while.
        -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

How Jake went six and only gave up a run is borderline miraculous. But I'll take it.

Comment

I think he’s going to be a different pitcher when he has confidence in the defense.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Freaking Realmuto has a gun...

I think he’s going to be a different pitcher when he has confidence in the defense.
              to shoot down those base stealers, they are better at SS too, much better infield, but it starts behind the plate.
              The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

I'm actually really impressed with that performance. He obviously didn't have great control today, but he fought through it, pitched out of some trouble, and got a good W. A lesser pitcher would have fallen apart in the 2nd.

Comment

OPEN UP WITH A....

SWEEP

IN THE DIVISION....

VERY NICE.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Apparently he had good movement on his fastball, even if he couldn't locate it as well as he would have liked.

The announcers said something to the effect that if his fastball moves down it's working and that it was doing that last night (don't know if you heard that or not).
                    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

A gun with fast reflexes, as well. On that second throw, he was nearly in his throwing stance before the pitch even crossed the plate.

Comment

really bizarre

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Apparently he had good movement on his fastball, even if he couldn't locate it as well as he would have liked.

The announcers said something to the effect that if his fastball moves down it's working and that it was doing that last night (don't know if you heard that or not).
                        But Arrieta was doing that all Spring Training. The movement is there, there just can't seem to hit the zone. Problem for the hitters is they can't really read it.

Comment

Working...
                        X