No announcement yet.

A Comprehensive Breakdown of Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You were the one that made the "why get better at QB" comment. If you don't have a specific suggestion, then that's fine. Maybe you haven't boned up on what's out there and the value and risk associated with these players.

I was taught in the business world that if you were going to bring up a problem (or bitch about one), then you better come with a specific solution. I realize that doesn't have to apply here.

I think Foles beats out the competition, whoever that may be. There will always be competition, but at this point I don't see Chip bringing in the kind of competition that the Foles detractors want to see. Too much cost and too much risk.

Foles is the QB in 2015 and the story will play itself out by the end of the season.

Whatever Chip does, he's on the hot set now. No more wondering about who screwed up particular picks in the draft.

Comment

They have to try to get better than Foles. Whether it's a flyer on Hundley in a later round, or trading up and getting mm, or trying to fix Locker. It's either that or Foles improves a lot. You'll notice even from the interview when he was at Az that he was going to fix that problematic footwork thing. It's been a while since Az. I agree with you, Foles is starting '15. I'm not a believer, maybe he changes my mind.
      Last edited by Greenstealth; 02-10-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Locker makes sense. I don't know about his decision process as a QB, but he's athletic and has an NFL good arm. You can't teach Barkley and Sanchez arm strength.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
          They have to try to get better than Foles. Whether it's a flyer on Hundley in a later round, or trading up and getting mm, or trying to fix Locker. It's either that or Foles improves a lot. You'll notice even from the interview when he was at Az that he was going to fix that problematic footwork thing. It's been a while since Az. I agree with you, Foles is starting '15. I'm not a believer, maybe he changes my mind.
          Bringing in a guy in a late round or free agency is fine. Trading up for a guy and ignoring the holes on the team to try to fix a possible hole with a probable bust is foolish.

Comment

without knowing who they would draft, sign or trade for you cant just say its foolish. foles severely regressed last season. to provide him with less competition than he had last season in sanchez would be more foolish. it obviously doesnt make sense to mortgage the future to get a highly regarded prospect but this team needs to know that it has other options if the downward spiral continues.
            "You'll get nothing and like it!" Judge Smails

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
              without knowing who they would draft, sign or trade for you cant just say its foolish. foles severely regressed last season. to provide him with less competition than he had last season in sanchez would be more foolish. it obviously doesnt make sense to mortgage the future to get a highly regarded prospect but this team needs to know that it has other options if the downward spiral continues.
              Like who? Sanchez is the best FA QB out there and any later round QB is going to have to sit for at least a season before they offer Foles any kind of competition.
              "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by J_Cuz31 View Post
                I did not say it would be foolish to bring someone in. I said it would be foolish to trade up for a QB.

Comment

CLUE

OFFENSE IS NOT THIS TEAMS PROBLEM

Comment

Clue

Originally posted by iowaigglefan View Post
                    OFFENSE IS NOT THIS TEAMS PROBLEM
                    Making blanket statements like "the eagles scored x amount of points last year" without realizing that they led the league in non offensive tds makes you look like an idiot. Clue. Maybe the defense doesn't look like total garbage by the end of the year if the offense is more efficient. They need to get better on both sides.

Comment

I think it's pretty simple. If Foles plays as poorly as he did for some stretches last year, it doesn't matter how much the Eagles improve on D, they won't be true contenders.

Can they improve the D and win with Foles playing solid football? Absolutely, but at times last year, solid football was about the last thing I'd say Foles was playing.

After some of the arguments I've heard for Foles, it appears the entire OL has to be healthy all season, the running game needs to average 160 yards per game, every single WR needs to have career years AND the defense has to be top 10 for Foles to lead the team to a Super Bowl.

I don't necessarily think that is true, but it is the majority of the arguments made for why Foles didn't succeed. If it is true, I'm sorry, third year as a starter or no, I'm moving on from a QB who needs that much to go right just for him to be good enough.

Comment

The team will be destroyed trying to find a QB that fits into Chip's system rather than trying to build a strong defensive unit that can compete at the highest level.

How far into the crapper will we go before we realize that it isn't the missing QB. ITS THE SYSTEM.

Comment

Interesting fact from Bleeding Green:

@BrandonGowton: Nick Foles threw 5 of his 10 interceptions in 2014 on plays where he wasn’t under pressure. 9 of 10 came when he wasn’t blitzed.
                          That seems like a QB problem, not a system problem, but then again, I don't have an anti-Chip shtick.

Comment

Foles is a good and smart QB. Are we just going to ignore the 2013 season? If Foles isn't good enough to run Chip's system and we go on a never ending search for the perfect QB to run it, I think it's fair to question that system.

Am I anti-chip? Yes. But you are ALL-IN with Chip. I see little difference if we are both at extremes.

Comment

I'm all in because we have to be. He's 20-12 as the coach and he's the football czar with all the power. No point in not being all in right now, cause he's not going anywhere. However, the difference is, I will admit when he's at fault (cutting DeSean, not using Polk at the goal etc) you don't admit when he's done something positive.

As far as Foles, 2013 is the only reason I'm ok with giving him next year to hopefully normalize. Without 2013, you look at last season and say "that's not the guy." If Foles tightens up his game, I believe he can succeed and that Chip can put him in the position to succeed. If Foles plays scared and stupid, it doesn't matter who the coach or what the system is.
                              Last edited by Sect 236; 02-11-2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

I have noted positive moves. Especially, Sproles.

Comment

Working...
                                X