A Comprehensive Breakdown of Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Comprehensive Breakdown of Foles

Thought this article by Shorr-Parks was a very good read. I believe he's not a fan of Foles, but I think he does a very good job of keeping his bias out of it and just reporting the stats/facts, thus allowing the reader to make their decision on the matter.

Put a check next to "Foles, Foles, Foles" on IG's list of offseason themes.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...of_the_fu.html

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
    Thought this article by Shorr-Parks was a very good read. I believe he's not a fan of Foles, but I think he does a very good job of keeping his bias out of it and just reporting the stats/facts, thus allowing the reader to make their decision on the matter.

Put a check next to "Foles, Foles, Foles" on IG's list of offseason themes.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...of_the_fu.html
    I would like to see some of those % compared to other qbs for comparison sake. I tried but I think my phone sucks
    “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

All he does is win.

Comment

Alex Smith

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        All he does is win.
        was doing a good job in SF, too. Winning games...

Comment

Pretty good beak down. The summation is idiotic. I will leave it at that.

Foles is going no where.

Im sure Kelly and staff love all this talk from so called arm chair experts. If anything maybe it creates doubt about what the Eagles are doing draft day. Also maybe allows them easier path to move up for a D player they want.

I guess if my pay depended on me churning out bs like this on a weekly basis I would. I can understand the intent of this author. Not to educate but make money.

Comment

He had a losing record in SF.

...especially his first 3 years.

Comment

I guess I was referring

He had a losing record in SF.

...especially his first 3 years.
              to the year that Smith got hurt (concussion), then Kaepernick came in and never relinquished the job. Clearly not a direct parallel to what is happening in Philly (no viable alternative currently on the roster). However, drafting a more dynamic (read: Kelly's preference) presence at the QB position might mean a shorter future in Philly than the Fooles Fondlers would like.

Comment

Unbiased, my a**. Minimized the few positives he mentioned while emphasizing the many negatives. And the slides at the end with other options at QB showed just how biased Foles bashers can be.
                ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

How is the "dynamic" Kaepernick working out these days?

Comment

a foles fellator

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
                    Unbiased, my a**. Minimized the few positives he mentioned while emphasizing the many negatives. And the slides at the end with other options at QB showed just how biased Foles bashers can be.
                    Would interpret the column that way

Comment

The objectivity is actually a case to keep Foles and let him do his thing, IMO. Too bad people come to the aother conclusion. Did you see the players in that slide? Also, imagine the cost it would take to get the two unproven draft picks at the top. Both picks have some glaring issues that will make it hard to project their success at the next level.

Foles operated behind a decimated line for a third of his career starts and yet all he did was win. I'm not going to discount that.

Comment

I don't completely buy the unbiased aspect of the report though. Foles' accuracy is a weakness and yet his career completion% would place him in the top 20. That would be all-time NFL top 20.. It's kind of hard to swallow the notion that a high percentage of his completions are short passes ,as if Foles is an aberration. I don't by it. Also, not everyone in the NFL can complete short passes at a 79% rate.

Injury is a weakness? Whatever.
                        Last edited by Drama Queen; 02-08-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

I don't completely buy the unbiased aspect of the report though. Foles' accuracy is a weakness and yet his career completion% would place him in the top 20. That would be all-time NFL top 20.. It's kind of hard to swallow the notion that a high percentage of his completions are short passes ,as if Foles is an aberration. I don't by it. Also, not everyone in the NFL can complete short passes at a 79% rate.

Injury is a weakness? Whatever.
                          Top 20 ever is somewhat irrelevant. Completion percentages have risen over time and 7 of the top 10 ever are (qualified) active players.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...erc_career.htm

Foles' completion percentage is ranked fairly average over the last 3 years.

15th in 2012
                          8th in 2013
                          23rd in 2014

What that article points out to me is that Foles has to be really good in the pocket to succeed. So far he's been up and down and he doesn't offer another dynamic element if his game from the pocket isn't working.

Does Kelly need/want an awesome pocket passer or a more dynamic QB to exploit mismatches?
                          --
                          Your Retarded

Comment

Kelly wants the best players and he'll work the system around them. He has been fairly consistent in saying that, but in his own words.

When Foles moves out of the pocket by design or not, he's been successful, IMO. Is he dynamic (errr is he a great runner), no. But he's been accurate and he makes great decisions to move out when the opportunity is there.

Foles has been up and down in your opinion, but when has he been down? Are you referring to 2014 since he ranked 23rd in competition percentage? IMO, he took a lot of chances in 2014 because that was required to get the W behind a decimated line. He was 5-2 when he was "down", BTW.

People may not like it, but Foles is the starting QB in 2015. It's up to Kelly to but a team in front of him like the team in 2013. That's not Foles' job. He's job is to throw something like 29 TDs and 2 INT's in front of a good and healthy line.
                            Last edited by Drama Queen; 02-08-2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Why try to get better at qb when you can hope NO one gets injured. I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X