Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously though, are they gonna call this shit for real when games count?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously though, are they gonna call this shit for real when games count?

I don’t see them doing it. They can’t. NFL HQ will reel these calls in before games count. They pretty much have to, right?

shit has become laughable. How you gonna take this sport seriously thisnesr is they’re throwing flags on perfect tackles 4-5 times a half?

Thank GOD we got ours before the circus came to town.

They don't fix this and people will stop watching the game ... to some degree because of the betting implications of this shit.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

No consistency at all. Nobody knows what to do especially the zebras.

Comment

Might as well turn it into flag football. The pussycation of the USA

Comment

Concussions are a problem and minimizing them is a legit approach ... thus, I have no problem with a rule that actually makes players engage in a wrap-up tackle with their shoulder and arms ... and not their head.

But the nitwit idea that lowering the head at any time during a tackle is a flag is fucking stupid.

You can legally and concussion-safely hit someone with the shoulder pad and have your head down to some degree and that shit is being flagged.

Their intentions may have been good, to the extent the rule was written in an apparent attempt to make the penalty easier to call.

However, the wording (and enforcement) is clearly a poster child for the saying: the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
          Last edited by slag; 08-20-2018, 09:55 AM.
          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

MY FEELING IS THE PENALTY WILL FINALLY WIND UP BEING MINIMALLY CALLED, ONCE THE LEAGUE STUDIES ALL THE CALLS MADE IN PRESEASON.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
            X