Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some hype

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ION-world.html
    Last edited by slag; 04-15-2019, 04:06 PM.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard it has big ratings. I just don't hear anyone talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        By the end of the first season you come to realize that the story leads you to believe things are going in a particular direction, then it all blows up and goes off in a whole new direction. It's just one of those stories that you just can't predict where it is going and every twist and turn has something jarring that makes you say WTF? Even now, with just a few episodes left, no one has a clue how it will end...that is impressive story telling.
        OK. WELL WE'LL SEE. NICE WEATHER IS HERE IT MAY BE RAINY DAY WATCH HERE AND THERE.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdBrawn View Post
          I asked around at work. Few people watch it here.
          This fantasy medieval type stuff has never been my cup of tea. I was never into the Hobbit or books like those. That genre was pretty popular when I was in High School and College but I never liked it. Dungeon Majesty probably loves it!

I prefer criminal cop vs. robber, biography, and sitcoms overall. A good drama always works.
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

You should get out more.

All kidding aside ... most everyone I know has been watching it.

Comment

I'm not generally much for that either ... but this is not your average shit in that genre.

In fact, although I'm an avid reader, when I read an article 10 years ago that HBO was planning the series based on the books I had no idea what they were.

I picked up the first book and found it to be a fantasy not for the kiddies.

Like I said ... even if you aren't all that interested in dragons ... it's loaded with violence and sex. And there's plenty of nefarious plotting to provide the drama you crave.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                All kidding aside ... most everyone I know has been watching it.
                I was in a pretty decent sized office. We talked about BB, Saul, Fargo, True Detective, even Lost back in the day (not my thing, but people watched it). Honestly, the show never came up that I heard.

Of course, if I did hear a bunch of dudes talking about wizards, dragons and dwarfs, it's highly probable that I turned up the music and checked out of the conversation. So I guess it's possible I know someone who watched it and just have no awareness of it.

Comment

Did you see they moved Saul to 2020?

Fuckers.

Comment

Did you see they moved Saul to 2020?

Fuckers.
                    No, but that works out for me okay... I still have to binge watch the whole last season.

Did you see that Chris Rock is starring in the new Fargo?

Comment

No ... we've exchanged news now.

Comment

No ... we've exchanged news now.
                        Set in the early 60s in Kansas City. Pretty sure that means Rock is playing Mike Milligan's old man.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                          AHHHHH. NO. I'VE WATCHED SEASON ONE UP TO EPISODE 4. KINDA BEEN A STRUGGLE TO GET THAT FAR, EXCEPT FOR PETER DINKLAGE CHARACTER. LIKE THAT DUDE.
                          https://youtu.be/DHlzIgSvnYc
                          YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I love the show. One of my all time favorites. However, I don’t know who the fuck is who 1/2 the time their name is spoken if they’re not sharing screen time at that exact moment.
                            Last edited by Ellsworth; 04-16-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                              By the end of the first season you come to realize that the story leads you to believe things are going in a particular direction, then it all blows up and goes off in a whole new direction. It's just one of those stories that you just can't predict where it is going and every twist and turn has something jarring that makes you say WTF? Even now, with just a few episodes left, no one has a clue how it will end...that is impressive story telling.
                              LOST ME. I TRIED. WHEN THAT BLACK MISTMAN SHOWS UP OUT OF THAT REDHEAD I PRETTY MUCH HAD ENOUGH. NOT MY THING.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

All I cared about the Red Woman was that she had a smoking hot bod, and there needed to be more scenes with her naked.

Comment

Working...
                                X