I couldn’t sleep after the Eagles loss Sunday night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I couldn’t sleep after the Eagles loss Sunday night

...because I was trying to figure out a rational explaination for the refs ruling on the kickoff fumble.

After all, I’m not the type to believe in extremes such as a league conspiracy or clinically mental issues of a decision maker at the other spectrum of reason. And so that’s why seem to struggle with this ref decision.

I still haven’t thought of or heard of a reasonable, plausible explaination.

Has the league put out a statement on the issue? Otherwise it’s kind of hard for many like me to move forward and support the credibility of the NFL.

I FEEL THE ONLY WAY THE NFL SAVES THEIR CRED IS THEY ANNOUNCE THEY FIRED ALL INVOLVED BECAUSE OF THAT CALL. IF THEY DON'T THIS LEAGUE IS RASSLIN, NO MORE NO LESS.

LIKE THAT WILL EVER HAPPEN.
    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 12-11-2018, 02:57 PM.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

There is NO rational explanation. How could there be when every damn player in that pile was wearing a green jersey. In my 58 years I've never seen such a ridiculous call....nothing even remotely close

It was simply a matter of having the Eagles bend over and grab their ankles....just God-awful.

Comment

Either that was an absurd interpretation of the rule, or the correct interpretation of an absurd rule.

As far as I know, the "clear recovery" rule states that a clear recovery cannot occur under a pile of players, but says nothing about what happens if all of these players are on the same team.

Maybe the refs followed a very strict interpretation of that rule. But I thought they were allowed to use common sense now.

Comment

I'm done with that..I sleep no matter what happens,,NFCCCG

Against the cards was the last night I got like 2 hrs after a loss...I slept like a stone the night before the CCG IN Philly and we were going to that game..I must be getting old..
          Last edited by TRENT; 12-11-2018, 05:20 PM.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

MAYBE THE WORST, MOST OBVIOUS CALL I'VE EVER SEEN. POTENTIAL, AND PROBABLE, THE IGGS WOULDA WENT UP BY AT LEAST 6, 7 OR 8.

YA THINK THAT WOULDA CHANGED THE GAME A BIT? NOT SAYIN IGGS WOULDA WON, NO ONE KNOWS, BUT DAMN, BIG MO WOULDA BEEN ON GREEN FOR A WHILE.
            Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 12-11-2018, 06:37 PM.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Blakeman’s season will end with week 17.

And I doubt Blakeman will ever referee another game at Lincoln Financial Field.

Comment

Working...
              X