Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOWEVER WE DO NOT HAVE A CLEAR RECOVERY BY THE RECEIVING TEAM...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOWEVER WE DO NOT HAVE A CLEAR RECOVERY BY THE RECEIVING TEAM...

FUCK YOU JUST FUCK YOU.
    WILL HAUNT ME TILL NEXT COWFAGS GAME.

SO FUCKING PISSED.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

It'll be that much more painful when the league sends Doug an apology letter for that fuck-up.

Comment

And you know they will. They HAVE to admit that they messed that up.

It was such a devastating call. It's hard to watch something like that and have any confidence in the product. The integrity of a billion dollar industry is in the hands of a group of folks who can't seem to do their job correctly. If I were the NFL, I'd be concerned about that.

Interesting point made by Danny Kanell on sports radio just now. Remember, they actually fired that official earlier in the year. That was a first. Kanell thinks that that was a warning shot to the officials that they are under a new level of scrutiny. Now they are being held to the same standard as the players. And it appears they can't handle the pressure.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I don’t believe the refs would have had the balls to make the same ruling at Lincoln Financial Field.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
          FUCK YOU JUST FUCK YOU.

SO FUCKING PISSED.
          No clear recovery because 6 eagles players landed on the ball...

Comment

FUCK YOU JUST FUCK YOU.

SO FUCKING PISSED.
            It was a first-ballot HOF officiating phuck-up...probably the most ridiculous call I've ever seen. I still can't believe it. Without a single Cowboy in that damn pile there's no way for them to justify their BS decision.

Comment

well, let's be clear

Originally posted by phillyeagles36 View Post
              No clear recovery because 6 eagles players landed on the ball...
              Doug challenged the play as fumble, they ruled it was a fumble, but there was no clear recovery. Doug shouldn't have lost a challenge (and TO) because it was a fumble and they ruled it a fumble.

Comment

Nope.
                "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I hope the local papers

FUCK YOU JUST FUCK YOU.

SO FUCKING PISSED.
                  Had this as the headline

Last edited by Riccardo; 12-10-2018, 05:20 PM.
                  "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Unfortunately, it's not up to the refs.

According to Comcast Sports Net's referee expertise talking head, the New York office has final say on that decision. During the review, the on field referees can offer their opinions, but in the end the folk in New York make the decision. Supposedly, it's new this year? Ugh.
                    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
                      Doug challenged the play as fumble, they ruled it was a fumble, but there was no clear recovery. Doug shouldn't have lost a challenge (and TO) because it was a fumble and they ruled it a fumble.
                      While the call was horrendous, a coach can only challenge a fumble as it pertains to a change in possession.

Comment

Hmm

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                        While the call was horrendous, a coach can only challenge a fumble as it pertains to a change in possession.
                        The rules provide for a coach to challenge a change in possession, but I cannot find what is considered "success" for those purposes. I don't think you're wrong, but determining that because there wasn't enough evidence that an Eagles player recovered defies logic in the fact of the fact that it was a fumble. The ball had to go somewhere and you can't determine it's out for anyone to get and then determine that there isn't enough evidence to determine that you can locate a single individual who did recover it.

Or as Terry McAuley floats - simple one team without another team having a chance to get it.

Still insane.

Comment

Working...
                        X