No announcement yet.

Phillies very active

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be such a whiny bitch. My point was that I would have liked this move much better a few year ago. If that''s another "duh" for you, quit reading my posts, dick breath.
    WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

who's the bitch

Originally posted by Corkey_for_President View Post
      Don't be such a whiny bitch. My point was that I would have liked this move much better a few year ago. If that''s another "duh" for you, quit reading my posts, dick breath.
      get a clue, ace

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
        Andrew McCutchen 3-year deal pending physical. Yuck.
        Agreed....meh.

Comment

Not thrilled about this but also not about to jump ship. Great clubhouse guy who at the very least could provide a solid platoon talent.

I also don't think this rules out Harper and moreso points towards an Odubel/Williams trade.
          Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

They spent $50M for a declining player who will put up similar numbers as Nick Williams. Now we get to hear them spin those 'intangibles' we heard last year about Santana. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by SOS Crunchy View Post
              Great clubhouse guy who at the very least could provide a solid platoon talent.
              Exhibit A

Comment

They spent $50M for a declining player who will put up similar numbers as Nick Williams. Now we get to hear them spin those 'intangibles' we heard last year about Santana. Nice.
                he's a better player than Nick Williams, even given his age. Gets on base and plays better defense.

you could have Harper, Herrera/Quinn and then a possible platoon of McCutcheon and Williams in left field or just McCutcheon.

Or you could have Harper, Herrera/Quinn and Williams. I'll go with the first option every time.

Plus, he kills the ball at Citizens Bank Park. even in his decline.
                Last edited by nerd; 12-11-2018, 05:23 PM.
                “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Lol also walks a lot ala Carlos Santana but at least he doesn't block anyone significant like Santana did with Hoskins.

I'm not a fan of this move stand-alone, but like I mentioned before, I think this is the precursor to some other big moves in the outfield. If they can swing Andujar or some other young talent for Odubel/Williams + Franco + prospect(s), could be interesting.
                  Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Wouldn't you rather spend the $50M elsewhere and stick with Nick Williams? I know I would. Santana also 'gets on base and plays better defense'. I cringe when I hear they dropped this much for a potential platoon player. I'd rather see what the kids can do.

Comment

Lol also walks a lot ala Carlos Santana but at least he doesn't block anyone significant like Santana did with Hoskins.

I'm not a fan of this move stand-alone, but like I mentioned before, I think this is the precursor to some other big moves in the outfield. If they can swing Andujar or some other young talent for Odubel/Williams + Franco + prospect(s), could be interesting.
                      it's an upgrade. Plus, they are also open to trading Sixto Sanchez and other prospects.

They could go McCutcheon, sign Machado, maybe sign markakis and then trade for Corey Kluber or whatever else. I have to think that signing McCutchen also makes one of Williams, Herrera or Quinn available as well for a trade.
                      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Exhibit B

Comment

Wouldn't you rather spend the $50M elsewhere and stick with Nick Williams? I know I would. Santana also 'gets on base and plays better defense'. I cringe when I hear they dropped this much for a potential platoon player. I'd rather see what the kids can do.
                          if money is really no object for the phillies, then 17 million isn't going to stop them from doing anything they want to this year.

We've seen what Williams can do. That might be his best. So his best is slightly worse than McCutchen. I'll take McCutchen. Plus, they have other guys coming up (not moniak) that are going to be better prospects. I mean, Hasely will probably be ready in another year.

Comment

what's your point?
                            Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

I don't necessarily think we've seen Williams best, but I also don't think that going out and getting McCutchen blocks him.
                              Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Whether they spent the $50M on McCutchen or not is irrelevant to how much playing time Williams gets next year. Altherr now appears to be the odd man out with Quinn on the bench + they could still trade Odubel.
                                Larry and the Hipsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X