Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is where I was at

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

My initial reaction was "hell no." Now I find it intriguing, especially considering they have an extra 2nd in the 2019 draft. But it's probably not gonna happen.
    The compensation is 40 spots in the draft, not a straight 2nd round pick, which is what I thought was interesting.

There are rumors that Howie wants Bell in the offseason. I think the Eagles will need RB help this offseason, but I can't see Bell being ideal. However, a lot of money is coming off the books (and players).

Comment

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
      The compensation is 40 spots in the draft, not a straight 2nd round pick, which is what I thought was interesting.

There are rumors that Howie wants Bell in the offseason. I think the Eagles will need RB help this offseason, but I can't see Bell being ideal. However, a lot of money is coming off the books (and players).
      i don't know the answer to this maybe someone else does; if Bell signs the franchise tender with the Steelers do they not have a chance to sign an extension with him right away? If so, a sign and trade would work as it would guarantee his services but I suspect this is not possible

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post
        Why wouldn't Bell just play for the Steelers if he were open to playing under the tag? Why would anyone give up a high draft pick for 7 or 8 games of having a running back? The eagles don't waste high picks on running backs that they can control for four years at a reduced rate so bell even makes less sense. These rumors are most likely spread by the players agent because it just doesnt add up.
        Bell caught over 80 balls last year he would come in as the 3rd best receiver behind 17 and 86 and him to a backfield with clement who can run and catch and use 13 in the slot this offense would be nuts and I suspect we would need that to repeat as defense in this league isnt going to win a SB. You lose a 2 you gain a 3 it's not too crazy. If you add Bell I dont know how you stop the offense unless injury

Comment

the steelers can't extend bell until after the end of the regular season. in order to be traded, bell has to sign the franchise tender. a sign and trade is the only option. if bell plays at all in 2018, it has to be under the franchise tender, pittsburgh or elsewhere (unless they rescind the tag).

your description of the offense with bell makes it sound like even a healthy mike wallace couldn't hold them back.
          Last edited by art vandelay; 10-05-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

the steelers can't extend bell until after the end of the regular season. in order to be traded, bell has to sign the franchise tender. a sign and trade is the only option. if bell plays at all in 2018, it has to be under the franchise tender, pittsburgh or elsewhere.

your description of the offense with bell makes it sound like even a healthy mike wallace couldn't hold them back.
            so you say they cant extend him until after the season but a sign and trade is possible just not an extension the sign and trade is he signs the franchise tender.

Please do not compare what Bell brings to the table to Mikey I am not going down that road again. Bell is the best RB in the league and is a dual threat what he brings I greater than Mikey
            Last edited by Spartan92; 10-05-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

hahahaha

impolite

Comment

Working...
                X