No announcement yet.

I think you let the chips fall where they may this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you offered me the NFC East title and a wild card weekend playoff game right now I’d take it. Win the division then play one game at a time.

Comment

I still think its way too early to toss the season away. First goal is to win these divisional games. If we get hot in December, who knows...
      500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Exactly. This season is far from over.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

I expect them to get another running back, just don't do Bell. They can win another Super Bowl with a running back by committee.

Comment

I'd take that. I'll take my chances with Wentz.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

My gut tells me they don't win the division. While I don't think the other teams are anything special, I think they still have a rough schedule ahead. Just a hunch.

Comment

Yeah. The division sucks for sure but the eagles aren't above losing to any team in it. I just hope they string it together. I feel like the season might actually hinge on Thursday nights game. They might get rolling. They might fold. Momentum is a strange factor in the nfl. Right now, for whatever reason, the team just doesn't have juice. I agree with you . . Bell isn't the answer. I'm actually surprised at how much traction the idea has had and Howie does stuff that is just bizarre to me at times so... Who the fuck knows.

Comment

I agree. The odds of a repeat are so slim anyway that they really don't need to make a desperation move.

They do need to trade for an RB, somewhat desperately. Only Smallwood and Adams are healthy. But anything they do needs to also be for the long term, not just this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                    So let's say you can bring bell in for a 3rd even if he walks you can get a 3rd back in the form of a comp pick you wouldn't pull the trigger and bring in the best back in the game? Doesn't sound clueless to me
                    Pittsburgh isn't trading Bell for a 3rd. They'll get a 3rd anyway when he walks. They have no incentive to take anything less than a 2nd.

Comment

Yeah watching him throw sunday, you cant teach or coach that. He is just that good!
                      On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

Did we look good last year at this time?

The team ramped it up by midseason. Need to do the same this time. Build, build, build. Peak at playoff time. That's how you do it.

How many rings does regular season win streak Andy Reid (FF) have?

Comment

Yeah, they looked really good this time last year. Went out to SD for a nice road victory then crushed the Cards at home to go 4-1. Followed that up with a huge Thursday night victory @Carolina.

I've seen a lot of people make the Andy Reid comparison, but it's just not accurate. This team typically got off to slow starts under him. The only time he had a great start here was 2004. He had had a couple of great starts end badly in KC, but I expect that to change now that his QB isn't Alex Smith.

Comment

4 AND 1 AT THIS POINT LAST YEAR. AND ON A MAJOR ROLL.
                            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

They may not. If they keep playing this way, they probably don't deserve to. Need to win Thursday. Still time to get it together.
                              "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                                Pittsburgh isn't trading Bell for a 3rd. They'll get a 3rd anyway when he walks. They have no incentive to take anything less than a 2nd.
                                Disagree - if they trade him, they get the pick now and a metric shit-ton of salary cap space. If they hold him, they get him for half a season, pay him a lot of cash, and get a third a year later.

Comment

Working...
                                X