Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 8 Phillies batters struck out last night

Love this team....

I've never seen anything like this. The organization as a whole took a monumental step back from a year ago (when they won 66 games). The farm system, the prospects they graduated, everything.

Comment

This team is going to lose these last 10 games.

What's amazing is that they were ever in first place. Even as they've gone below .500, their record is still 4 games better than their run differential would suggest. Their top 9 WAR guys are pitchers, yet there's only 1 good pitcher on the team. Their top position player has been...Santana?

They're looking like the team that we feared they were when the pitching was carrying them. But I don't know how these pitchers ever managed to do that. Besides Nola, they got two good months from Arietta. That's it.

Comment

How the GM and Manager survive this is beyond me, but apparently they will....

Comment

This year, they needed to go young across the board and see what they had. Instead, they chose to overpay players that needed to be on established teams where they wouldn't be leaned on as much. Bringing in Santana to play first ruined this lineup all year. CocoNuts shuffling the lineups everyday didn't do this team any favors either. The defense was an abortion. Klentak is clueless. They did well in the beginning of the season because the starting pitching did well and that's about it. Everyone else underperformed.

CocoNuts tried to reinvent the wheel this year and failed. As a result, the team has quit on him. If they keep him, they better make sure they move a lot of these players in the offseason. To start, they may be stuck with Santana but Herrera needs to go.

The one positive is the fans sent a message this year with the lack of attendance. Even during their smoke-and-mirrors run, the fans knew it was bogus.

Comment

i know that kapler deserves his share of the blame, but this team would have sucked this year regardless of who was manager. from the beginning of the year kapler was getting these inaccurate chip kelly comparisons for every decision that didn't work out, even when the team was overperforming. heyward's walkoff grand slam sticks out as an example to me when kapler made the right call but got all of the blame because of a mistake that the players made.

now, klentak, that could be a different story...

Comment

Total agreement ... Klentak's trade for Santana goes into the WTF HOF along with Castillo's appointment to DC and drafting Graham instead of Thomas.

He fucked up the line up (Hoskins in particular) and the defense (Hoskins in left) simultaneously.

I'm already on record about Rex Kwon Do's musical chairs batting orders and bullpen ... as well as his culpability for the shit defense.
              Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

The core of this team has been overrated and they are the opposite of the Eagles as for as character goes. The rebuild will be a failure.

Comment

I didn't sober up fast enough from the super bowl to really pay attention to the Phils... What happened? Seems like everyone is down on them

Comment

I think everyone was hoping CocoNuts was the next BigBalls. It appears they got another Winnie the Pooh Looking Motherfucker. I also think everyone was hoping Klentak was the next Howie (post Douglas). It appears they got another Howie (pre Douglas).

Comment

Well .. I had them below 500 before the season .. I'm not real mad at them. They suck. They are going to suck for a long time
                      Last edited by Greenstealth; 09-27-2018, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X