We need to figure out a date to gather for a group celebration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to figure out a date to gather for a group celebration

Best would be a date when the Phillies, Sixers, or Flyers are playing so we could occupy the Wells Fargo parking lot.

September is too long to wait for a group celebration. Of course we will celebrate then again as well!

I would prefer something in the spring before it gets too hot. Let's start thinking of dates!
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Athens and crew are in. Time for Athens Jr. to hit a gayte and meet you degenerates.

Comment

Was talking to Zubbs about a sixers game gate

so we could be in the Fargo lot, for those of us who missed the parade,,not much into Hocbore but just needs to be a weekend day so folks can get out,,Was thinking Early spring,,,I guess a Phills game is possible if they let you park in the Fargo lot.
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
        so we could be in the Fargo lot, for those of us who missed the parade,,not much into Hocbore but just needs to be a weekend day so folks can get out,,Was thinking Early spring,,,I guess a Phills game is possible if they let you park in the Fargo lot.
        I'm thinking any other event would be optional. The important thing is we all get to meet up and celebrate.
        --------

Comment

I would love this.
          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I also love this idea - I vote Sixers game - perhaps a home Saturday so we can tailgate all afternoon.

Comment

phillies game would be cool. too bad they don't play cubs til Aug 31st.
              Last edited by Ellsworth; 02-26-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

If it's gotta be tied to a sporting event, it's looking more like the Phillies would be the right call. With only about 1.5 months left in the regular season for both the NBA and NLH, there are not that many weekend home games left, and scheduling might be tough for some (like me).

Comment

Anything works for me...just prefer

a weekend.

I would guess due to scheduling the Phillies would be easiest to set up but I’m up for anything ...of course we start in the parking lot and move to a “sports bar” and get a room reserved.
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
                    a weekend.

I would guess due to scheduling the Phillies would be easiest to set up but I’m up for anything ...of course we start in the parking lot and move to a “sports bar” and get a room reserved.
                    Agreed a Sat or Sun would be best. l just want a date when the parking lot is available to occupy
                    --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                      Agreed a Sat or Sun would be best. l just want a date when the parking lot is available to occupy

I would fly in from KC if it was a weekend. Need to meet you guys after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Susquehanna Birder View Post
                        If it's gotta be tied to a sporting event, it's looking more like the Phillies would be the right call. With only about 1.5 months left in the regular season for both the NBA and NLH, there are not that many weekend home games left, and scheduling might be tough for some (like me).

I think we could do it any time the lots are open for an event. The event would be optional. I think of it as a big group gayte minus the game (but PLUS having won the Lombardy)

We could also do something in FDR park but I think one might be more likely to get busted for drinking there. Is Trash Cop Johnson retired yet?

Not to mention it's better to be at the traditional location.
                        --------

Comment

Phillies gayte would be nice
                          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

April 20th weekend versus Pirates has 2 day games Sat and Sun. Plus it's a week before the Draft. could be a good time for a get together.

Comment

How about a good Disney on Ice gayte

Just like the old days.

Comment

Working...
                              X