F##* ANAL-LYTICS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F##* ANAL-LYTICS.

I'LL TRUST A GUT FEELING MORE, EVERY TIME.

THAT IS ALL.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Are you saying you think Pedersen and Roseman should quit using analytics, full stop?

Comment

I SAID I TRUST A GUT FEELING MORE THAN WHAT SOME COMPUTER SAYS. THAT'S ALL.

WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS PUT WORDS IN PEOPLE'S MOUTHS.
      Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 09-08-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

The Eagles use analytics more and on a more advanced basis than any other team in football and they are the World Champion Super Bowl Champion. I think the Eagles have shown there’s a role for analytics. You called them anal-lytics.

Comment

Good read on the subject. I like all the opinions from around the league.

How the Philadelphia Eagles Mastered the Modern NFL

Can the copycat league imitate the defending Super Bowl champs? According to Jeffrey Lurie, Doug Pederson, and others, they can invest in analytics, be aggressive in free agency, go for it on fourth down, trade for players on rookie deals, find a backup who’s good enough to put up 40-plus points, build two of the best lines in football, build one of the best staffs in football, and, oh yeah, find a superstar signal-caller on a rookie deal.
          https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/9...n-carson-wentz
          Last edited by Maniac; 09-08-2018, 02:24 PM.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

SO IN YOUR OPINION, WAS IT ANAL-LYSTICS OR A GUT FEELING TO GO FOR IT ON 4TH AND ONE, ON A PASS TO ERTZ OR FOLES CALLING THE PHILLY SPECIAL ON 4TH AND DOWN AND COACH SAY YEAH LET'S DO IT?

I THINK IT IS ALL WHAT THEY ARE FEELING, WHAT IS GOING ON IN THE GAME AT THAT POINT IN TIME AND HIS GUT SAID YEAH LET'S DO IT.

Comment

i think you can't completely separate analytics from a gut feeling. they needed to go for it on 4th and 1 on the last drive no matter what. the philly special was a tough decision, but analytics/statistics suggest that it's not that hard to get a yard in today's NFL.

they made a decision as an organization to let doug be aggressive in these situations. in the past, coaches had to live in fear of being the scapegoat. dougie knew that he wouldn't lose his job if an aggressive decision failed. i'm not trying to go all dave spadaro here with eagles fluff, but i do think that you'll see teams get more aggressive now that a team has done it successfully. coaches won't be as afraid of trying to get half a yard or something in a game when their offense is rolling. think the packers against us in the 03 divisional round.

Comment

I HEAR YA ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO TOTALLY SEPERATE THE TWO.

I JUST THINK THERE'S A COACHING ASPECT THAT SAYS, SCREW WHAT THE NUMBERS SAY, I KNOW THE BOOK SAYS TO DO THIS OR THAT, BUT I'M DOING WHAT I THINK WILL WORK, LOOKING AT THE OPPOSING PERSONNEL, THAT'S ON THE FIELD AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME.

Comment

A lot of coaches with "gut feelings" are also no longer coaches
                  On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

They aren’t going away from analytics. It helps the coach make gut calls.

Oh, and Sal Pal has been an Eagles shit stirring asshole in disguise forever. Fuck him for trying to profit off the Eagles success when for so many years, he profited on creating fake Eagles controversy. He should be considered the AI asshole media man in Philly.

Glad he didn’t hand me a book.

Comment

Originally posted by CbEagle View Post
                      A lot of coaches with "gut feelings" are also no longer coaches
                      AND A LOT HAVE WON MANY MANY GAMES.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                        They aren’t going away from analytics. It helps the coach make gut calls.

Oh, and Sal Pal has been an Eagles shit stirring asshole in disguise forever. Fuck him for trying to profit off the Eagles success when for so many years, he profited on creating fake Eagles controversy. He should be considered the AI asshole media man in Philly.

Glad he didn’t hand me a book.
                        OK. WHATEVER. I'M ENJOYING THIS BOOK. SO FAR HE'S TELLING IT THE WAY IT WAS. I HAPPEN TO LIKE HIM. AND HE'S A NICE GUY WHEN I'VE MET HIM.

Comment

I think analytics would advise going for it in both situations. The play calls were all Doug’s gut feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                            an Eagles shit stirring asshole in disguise forever. Fuck him for trying to profit off the Eagles success when for so many years, he profited on creating fake Eagles controversy.
                            Now that's a long list!

Eskin, Cataldi and Mikey Miss probably will always top it but Elliot Shorr-Parks is my sentimental favorite.

Sal Pal is almost a wannabe in comparison.
                            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                              I SAID I TRUST A GUT FEELING MORE THAN WHAT SOME COMPUTER SAYS. THAT'S ALL.

WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS PUT WORDS IN PEOPLE'S MOUTHS.
                              I'm glad you don't coach the Eagles.
                              --
                              Your Retarded

Comment

Working...
                              X