Harper's bat flip last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slag View Post
    It's bush league horseshit ... you'd coach Little Leaguers to do that?
    Youre joking right? No wonder everyone thinks baseball is boring as fuck.

Comment

Yeah ... my bad ... bat flips are the key to exciting baseball ... what am I thinking?
      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

100% lock he's gonna get drilled tonight

Comment

Yeah ... my bad ... bat flips are the key to exciting baseball ... what am I thinking?
          "Busch League Horseshit". Lol I bet you lose your mind when they do the basketball celebration.

Why is the batflip the ultimate "diss" in this sport anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
            100% lock he's gonna get drilled tonight
            He's going to get drilled in less than an hour. The game is at 1:00.

Comment

Don’t want to sound like an old fogey, but level of agreement 100%. Would he have done that if next time up he had to face Bob Gibson, Don Drysdale, or Nolan Ryan?

Comment

Let the kids play!

did you not see the commercial?

Comment

You don't think his gyrations and pointing to the Phillies fans in right field after his double and single were enough in-your-face antics for the night so that he needed to flip his bat after a homer with a 4 run lead in the 8th with 10 people left in the park?
                  I didn't have a problem with it, considering the situation.

That said, I'm 100% on board with you about how youth sports should be handled.

Comment

My hero was Frank Robinson. Like Don Baylor after him, he’d rather get plunked than give the pitcher the outside corner. But the way Robby went sliding in the second would get him thrown out these days of ballplaying snowflakes.

Comment

TYFYS

Comment

Or, lest we forget, Cole Hamels.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                          Don’t want to sound like an old fogey, but level of agreement 100%. Would he have done that if next time up he had to face Bob Gibson, Don Drysdale, or Nolan Ryan?
                          Again, what is so insulting about a bat flip?

Just because it was drilled into your head that showmanship is disrespectful doesn't make it so. That is simply your subjective assessment. Furthermore, he wouldn't have done that in 60s or 70s because:

1. The bat flip hadn't been invented yet.

2. In that era showmanship was frowned upon.

Context matters.
                          Last edited by 06hawkalum; 04-03-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Bwah. I ran track.

My brother pitched and played basketball at D3 level. When he was in high school he pitched twelve innings one day. Now they’d probably fire his coach.

Comment

I have a degree of old school mentality and I get where you're coming from, but new school sells and I appreciate that, especially in an era where baseball is certainly losing steam nationally. The Eagles will always be my #1 team, but baseball is my favorite sport. If this is what keeps people engaged, then I'm fine with it.
                              Last edited by JuTMSY4; 04-03-2019, 12:58 PM.

Comment

I finally looked at the standings for the first time today. I honestly cannot tell you the name of Baltimore’s manager.

I think the last straw for me was William Showalter getting swept by KC for the pennant. It was like the Tampa Bay Fiasco. We were going to the World Series again. I just knew it.

Comment

Working...
                                X