Khalil Mack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khalil Mack

Surprised this wasn't discussed more and I apologize if I didn't see it but...

JFC. You use first round picks to get guys like Mack even if/when you pay them. Plus getting only a first round pick and another (but giving up a 2nd) is a pretty pathetic return.

I can't believe some people on this bored wanted Gruden - what a stiff.

PLUS, apparently Mark Davis literally couldn't pay Mack. What a pathetic franchise.

Khalil Mack isn't Gruden's only fuck up.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/9...en-aj-mccarron
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I find it hard to believe that they couldn't afford to pay him, given how much money these teams make (I assume you are talking about their overall cash flow, not just the cap). That said, when you are paying your coach 100 million, it makes it a little more difficult.
      "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

exactly.

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
        I find it hard to believe that they couldn't afford to pay him, given how much money these teams make (I assume you are talking about their overall cash flow, not just the cap). That said, when you are paying your coach 100 million, it makes it a little more difficult.
        I agree and yes, I'm talking overall cashflow...but here we are:

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/201...y-khalil-mack/

Many believe that Davis simply did not have the available funds to do so. The message this sends to future players Oakland would like to resign is that no matter what your production is on the field the Raiders could lack the cash to get the deal done. Talking to you Amari Cooper.
        ...that's insane. Did PF Chang's call his tab?
        Last edited by JuTMSY4; 09-05-2018, 11:29 AM.

Comment

If this is the case then it's even worse with Gruden taking the job if he knew the situation there. In that case, he went strictly for the cash and not the ring opportunity.

Comment

ok?

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
            If this is the case then it's even worse with Gruden taking the job if he knew the situation there. In that case, he went strictly for the cash and not the ring opportunity.
            it's a fucking hundred million dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
              There were some serious questions about liquidity for the Raiders
              but nobody is going to admit it publicly and the league certainly doesn't want the Raiders to confirm it either.

I don't know what the debt service is on the $ 1.4 billion in loans, but its gotta be a significant bite on a monthly basis.

$850 Million in new stadium financing
              $200 million in G4 loans
              $378 million in relocation fee loans

"The Raiders already have spent $179.9 million on the project. That includes the total land cost purchase, $49.8 million toward design and engineering, $52.3 million for construction and $51,402 for fixtures and equipment. They will need another $ 100 million for the training facilities and new team headquarters"

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...1-8b-to-build/

Add another $100 million to cover Gruden's deal, all for one of the "poorest" owners in the League.
              Liquidity is a relative term, but they are certainly stretched like never before and the requirement to put all of the bonus money for Mack into escrow is no small ask at this time in the Raiders overall development plans.

Comment

They're garbage.

Traded arguably the best defensive player in the league (Fletch, Donald, Miller, Mack) for peanuts. Not only that, but he was a leader, best friends with their "franchise QB," and never missed a game.

Comment

Originally posted by ishimonster View Post
                  They're garbage.

Traded arguably the best defensive player in the league (Fletch, Donald, Miller, Mack) for peanuts. Not only that, but he was a leader, best friends with their "franchise QB," and never missed a game.
                  While I agree that trading Mack was not the right move, two 1st rd picks is not peanuts.

Comment

Thanks for the insight - this is really good

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
                    There were some serious questions about liquidity for the Raiders
                    but nobody is going to admit it publicly and the league certainly doesn't want the Raiders to confirm it either.

I don't know what the debt service is on the $ 1.4 billion in loans, but its gotta be a significant bite on a monthly basis.

$850 Million in new stadium financing
                    $200 million in G4 loans
                    $378 million in relocation fee loans

"The Raiders already have spent $179.9 million on the project. That includes the total land cost purchase, $49.8 million toward design and engineering, $52.3 million for construction and $51,402 for fixtures and equipment. They will need another $ 100 million for the training facilities and new team headquarters"

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...1-8b-to-build/

Add another $100 million to cover Gruden's deal, all for one of the "poorest" owners in the League.
                    Liquidity is a relative term, but they are certainly stretched like never before and the requirement to put all of the bonus money for Mack into escrow is no small ask at this time in the Raiders overall development plans.
                    Still incredible that an NFL owner/team can't put 90 mil away for this signing.

Comment

not exactly

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post
                      While I agree that trading Mack was not the right move, two 1st rd picks is not peanuts.
                      the first next year, sure. But the first in 2020 is really just flipping 30 spots - it's sexier to sell to fans (although, I guess that doesn't matter right now), but it's not nearly as much as it looks like.

Comment

Working...
                      X