No announcement yet.

NO MCNABB HOF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I misread. I thought we were just saying who was better than who.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
      Isn't AI already in the Hall?

Howard's back half of his career was worse than McNabbs. But to your point his front half was better, so I'll buy that!
      That leg injury pretty much killed his career. I think he was still running with some form of a limp and that was his back leg so he lost some drive to the ball.
      “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

WE'VE HAD THIS DISCUSSION IN THE PAST.

I'LL SAY SAME THING. 5 DID SOME GOOD THINGS HERE, HAD SOME BAD GAMES, LIKE ALL ATHLETES, BUT IS HE HALL WORTHY....

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

BUT, DOES HE BELONG ON EAGLES WALL, I THINK HE DOES.

SOME THINGS 5 DID DO WRONG, BUT MOSTLY I PUT HIS LOSSES ON FF.

BUT IT'S ALL HISTORY, AND PISS DOWN THE DRAIN.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I'd put McNabb ahead of Howard. McNabb was more valuable for slightly longer.

Non-AI HOF odds I go Halladay>Peters>Utley>Rollins>McNabb>Howard>Hamels

Utley and Rollins fall under "interesting case, but not HOF." After that no one has a shot. I'll admit I never thought about Cole's HOF credentials before. I don't think he's ever been dominant enough.

Comment

Halladay is a Hall of Famer, but probably not as a Phillie (especially given the way his wife has talked about Toronto). That's fine.

Peters is as surefire a HoFer tackle as any. YMMV on offensive tackles in the Hall, but he's an all timer.

I think Utley is an "interesting case" guy, but I don't see his counting stats quite being enough. However, being the best second baseman for a decade is interesting.

Rollins is in, IMHO. He's the guy who gets in.

Hamels story isn't over, but I think he's outside looking in right now.

Howard is a hometown hero, but not close to the HoF.

To rank them:

Halladay>Peters (because OL)>Rollins>Utley>Hamels>Howard

I can't think of anyone else who really even sniffs a case.
            Last edited by JuTMSY4; 09-14-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

DAMN NO MIKE MAMULA ON THAT LIST?
              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
              X