X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets continue the debate. McNabb was a great QB for the Eagles

But NFL HOF quality:

NO IMO

Is he the best Eagles' QB in the era since the 70's? Yes. But not HOF quality.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

His first 5 to six years were really good and a historic SB win in Philly would have given him the critical jolt he needs for a possible induction.

But he’s not worthy. MccNabb, Rothlisburger, Rivers, Payton, Brady and Brees all came into the league within about a 3 year period. McNabb is clearly the runt of the group.

I do feel like this whole thing with McNabb is a broken record. Right now, he’s comparing his stats to Aikman. Then when Eli gets in, McNabb will become more vocal, and somehow, a lot more racial overtones will filter into the conversation.

If you take away Aikman and Eli’s SB ... I get it. But you can’t take them away.

Rivers most likely will not win a SB, but his consistent longevity beats McNabb hands down.

Comment

Rivers consistent what?

Choking year after year after year in game after game after game? Then, yeah, Rivers is as consistent as can be.

Sex Panther ain’t HOF, but I’d take him over that fucking zero population killer any day
      "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
        But NFL HOF quality:

NO IMO

Agree, his numbers for the Eagles HOF 100%, but No Super Bowl wins makes him a No for the NFL HOF.

Comment

But NFL HOF quality:

NO IMO

As Little has pointed out for the last 13 years... “BUT HE DIDNT HAVE ANY WEAPONS!!!!!”

Impolite his pedestrian 80 QB rating in playoff games, by far lowest of any FF QB
          I'm not the hill you want to die on

Comment

But NFL HOF quality:

NO IMO

NO DEBATE HERE.

ALTHOUGH RANDALL COULD HAVE BEEN IF BUDDY ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT IT.

JAWS, TO ME, WAS THE TOUGHEST SOMABITCH QB I'VE EVER SEEN. MA-MAN GOT KILLED BACK THERE AND JUST SAID BRING IT. LOVE ME SOME JAWS.
            "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Loved Cunningham

Randal wasn’t the best, but he sure was the most exciting ever.

Jaws meanwhile, I can’t stand.
              Just can’t forget Iggles vs Raiders in SB. Worst choke in the history of Philadelphia. Fuck Jaws.
              "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

TO EACH HIS OWN.

UNFORTUNATELY THE WORST GAME HE EVER PLAYED, BUT WORSE THAN MCNABB LOSING THREE NFC TITLES BEING FAVORED IN ALL THREE?

Comment

Cunningham was fun! McNabb had 5 NFCCCG Appearances

To Randall's zero

Cunningham was fun to watch and had a deep ball that was just poetry. But no O line,,No O coach No post season wins...Face it,,till McNabb came along we had few home playoff games

If Chad Lewis doesn't tear up his foot catching that TD against the Falcons...we'll never know....
                  OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                  "BFTR"

Comment

Rivers made the Pro Bowl in the last 3 years. He’s going on his 15th year.

Donny Boy played 13 years and his play noticeably declined after 2004. (He also declined after he decided not to be a running QB... a dumb fucking move that still irks me.)

If Rivers is a choker, does McNabb really get the nod in this category?

Comment

I think he compares favorably to Jim Kelly, who made it in comfortably. Truthfully if Kelly deserves it, I think McNabb does too.

Comment

KELLY WON FOUR STRAIGHT AFC TITLE'S, AND LOOKED GOOD DOING IT. MCWORMER WON ONE, AND LOOKED AVG IN ALL HIS NFC TITLE GAMES. NOT CLOSE.

THERE IS NO DEBATE, HE DOES NOT BELONG IN THE HALL WITH THE LIKES OF JOE MONTANA, BART STARR, ROGER STAUBACH.

Comment

Who gets to the HoF first, McNabb or Romo?

Comment

Did you watch Jim Kelly play?

(Side note: Kelly and his team widely credited for incorporating a no-huddle offense).

Comment

McNabb. Neither is close to HOF though.

Comment

Working...
                              X