Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get the Sanders pick, but José Joaquin Arcega-Whiteside

is still a mystery to me.

I’ve warmed up to the Sanders pick after seeing some impressive stuff on video. I get it even if they could have traded back, etc.

Todd McShay has José Joaquin Arcega-Whiteside as the best value pick of the draft. That’s basically saying he thinks he’s a stud since he was picked 57th. Tons of people love this guy.

I don’t get it. The way i see it, he lacks separation and I don’t think that’s a good think in the NFL. He’s listed at 6’2”, 225 on NFL.com. which is probably an accurate representation. That jump ball stuff as your bread and butter with DBs in your pocket isn’t going to be nearly as successful in the NFL if you can’t get separation. He clocked 4.49 at his Pro Day but didn’t do any drills at the combine. Was he injuries? Otherwise, that is kind of a red flag, IMO. I don’t think he’s fluid. I don’t think he’s a natural catcher. I don’t think he’s an explosive runner. I don’t think he’s sudden in and out of breaks. Seems to be a plotter race horse type. On one video I saw of him, the announce praised him after a catch but literally chuckled when saying he’s not a YAC guy. Ugh.

Alshon Jeffery was 6’3, 216 and ran a 4.38 at his Pro Day. Alshon has a basketball back ground, so its easy to see why people want to compare them, but Alshon was a stud coming out of SC. A better version in almost ever phase, IMO.

JJAWN has some impressive stats and the character stuff is unquestioned. People seem to really love him and that’s a good thing because it almost certainly suggests I’m wrong.

My buddy is a huge Oregon fan and said that the kid is a monster. That’s the only thing I can go off of outside of highlights (which everyone has).

Just like every other draft in the history of the NFL, we are gonna have to wait and see.

Comment

I actually feel like I’m missing the whole thing. People freakin love this guy and I’m slightly embarrassed not to see it.

Comment

Which WR would you have preferred? Unless you dont believe they needed to address the position.

Dont say DK Metcalf, thats just silly.

Comment

I would have waited later in the draft if they were going WR. Take a shot at Hakeem Butler for instance. I get the idea DK Metcalf “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane”mentality but I’m not necessarily buying that as well. Yes, I liked Brown slightly better.

I would have waited.

Adderley could have replaced McLeod. Didn’t want any of the remaining Safeties. Savage and Jonathan Abrams went early and I get taking Dillard instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
            I would have waited later in the draft if they were going WR. Take a shot at Hakeem Butler for instance. I get the idea DK Metcalf “looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane”mentality but I’m not necessarily buying that as well. Yes, I liked Brown slightly better.

I would have waited.

Adderley could have replaced McLeod. Didn’t want any of the remaining Safeties. Savage and Jonathan Abrams went early and I get taking Dillard instead.
            Yeah I feel that they missed their shot to grab a quality safety in that spot and I think we will feel it. I admittedly dont watch as much college football as I did when I lived in the South so outside of the top tier talent in the draft Im pretty much clueless on the players. Never heard of JJAW before he was drafted but I like that they are addressing the fact that our WRs are old and on fat contracts. The FO gets the benefit of the doubt from me but I will admit my initial reaction was that this pick felt more like hank baskett than alshon jeffery.

Like I said I just dont see the point of having strong reactions to draft picks either way, this shit takes years to pan out and nothing is guaranteed for any player.

Comment

I’ve warmed up to the Sanders pick after seeing some impressive stuff on video. I get it even if they could have traded back, etc.

Todd McShay has José Joaquin Arcega-Whiteside as the best value pick of the draft. That’s basically saying he thinks he’s a stud since he was picked 57th. Tons of people love this guy.

I don’t get it. The way i see it, he lacks separation and I don’t think that’s a good think in the NFL. He’s listed at 6’2”, 225 on NFL.com. which is probably an accurate representation. That jump ball stuff as your bread and butter with DBs in your pocket isn’t going to be nearly as successful in the NFL if you can’t get separation. He clocked 4.49 at his Pro Day but didn’t do any drills at the combine. Was he injuries? Otherwise, that is kind of a red flag, IMO. I don’t think he’s fluid. I don’t think he’s a natural catcher. I don’t think he’s an explosive runner. I don’t think he’s sudden in and out of breaks. Seems to be a plotter race horse type. On one video I saw of him, the announce praised him after a catch but literally chuckled when saying he’s not a YAC guy. Ugh.

Alshon Jeffery was 6’3, 216 and ran a 4.38 at his Pro Day. Alshon has a basketball back ground, so its easy to see why people want to compare them, but Alshon was a stud coming out of SC. A better version in almost ever phase, IMO.

JJAWN has some impressive stats and the character stuff is unquestioned. People seem to really love him and that’s a good thing because it almost certainly suggests I’m wrong.
              I did not know anything about him either, but after searching him and seeing what analyst say, they actually called this a steal for where he was taken.

Comment

I think the separation stuff is overblown. There are damn good 4.49 receivers all over the league. Most NFL catches are made with a DB breathing down your neck.

JJ checks every box except the "blazing speed" box. I dig the pick.

Comment

Who did the Patriots go to at tee end of Dupet a bowl LII?

I say a possession WR, a speedster. Slot exiever Mix of RBs with a good QBs is what wat we want. I think Nick Foles could run this offense well I wish him j well in Lac and let’s go Carson&
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    Who did the Patriots go to at tee end of Dupet a bowl LII?

I say a possession WR, a speedster. Slot exiever Mix of RBs with a good QBs is what wat we want. I think Nick Foles could run this offense well I wish him j well in Lac and let’s go Carson&
                    Did you write this on the train?

Comment

I THINK HE MAY HAVE BEEN HANGING WITH TRENT AT THE TIME.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

I figured it was one of speech-to-text's better moments.

Comment

When Bryce Love hurt his knee, JJ was the only weapon on the Stanford O. Everyone knew he was getting the ball and couldn't stop him. Also the can't get separation tag is crap. He was always coming back to the ball because his QB had no arm. Runs great routes, sets up CBs brilliantly. Primetime playmaker.

Comment

Working...
                          X