No announcement yet.

Please someone defend Simmons to me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

simmons and fultz in back to back years.

#scouting!

Comment

Everyone who wants to move on from Ben right now will regret it in a few years. He is only 22 and could become elite. If another year or so goes by and he does not improve then you move on from him. Not now!

Comment

HOLD ONTO HIM, THAT'S FINE. BUT.... NO HEART, NO HEART THEN.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

even if that does happen (and it may but i'm seriously beginning to doubt it) in another year or 2 when he does reach that point he's probably moving to Los Angeles.

I don't see him being a long term 76er. I don't think he wants to stay here and is more wired to live that So Cal celebrity life.

Comment

At this point, that's what the Sixers need to be considering. If they think he will be out in a few years, then why spend the resources on developing his jumper? Just trade him now while that potential is still there. Every year he fails to fix this, his value goes down.
            "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I have zero faith this team will get anything close to value in a trade. The biggest issue I have with Simmons is that he's not a point guard. My thoughts are they are better off holding on to him and hope they can figure it out. I'd start with a new coach.

I have no idea how this guy never learned how to shoot. It makes zero sense and is very alarming. I'm not buying that story about him preferring to drive the lane instead either. He just can't shoot.

Comment

That wasn't a story. Those were words from his mouth when he was 18 or 19. It was his MO then and it hasn't changed. Every single NBA player will win a game of horse against that 14 year old shooting 75%. It's different in the middle of a game IMO.

At the end of the day, the reason doesn't matter. He has to work on it and fix it.

Comment

I'm not disputing his story. I just think he drives because he knows he can't shoot. My biggest concern is that he's a professional basketball player that refuses to shoot. How is that possible? I've given him a pass because of his age but I see zero progress here. All I want to see is progress. I haven't seen shit. I hope he proves me wrong.

Comment

I'm with you. If you knew you were a jump shot away from being an all pro talent, wouldn't you be in the gym all summer, shooting jump shots? I'm willing to give him another offseason to get there but, man, if he isn't shooting jumpers game 1 next year, I'm going to be concerned and annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      I'm with you. If you knew you were a jump shot away from being an all pro talent, wouldn't you be in the gym all summer, shooting jump shots? I'm willing to give him another offseason to get there but, man, if he isn't shooting jumpers game 1 next year, I'm going to be concerned and annoyed.

I would've like to see Brown MAKE him shoot 2-3 shots outside of 10 ft each game. If he didn't shoot an open shot, bench him and point it out. We likely would've lost a few more games, but it needs to be done to help him and the team grow in the long run. I watched well over 50 games, and if feels like I could count the times he did on one hand, maybe two.

Comment

It just blows my mind that you can get to this level and flat-out refuse to shoot an uncontested 20 foot jumper. The guy is extremely gifted in regards to other parts of his game but he'll never be truly elite until he can consistently knock-down a mid-range jumper.

This is your job/career so you should be working big-time on your deficiencies throughout the year if you truly want to take your game to a higher level. It comes down to heart/desire and your love for the game.

He could be something really special if he put his nose to the grindstone..essentially practicing mid-range jumpers until his arms fell off.

Comment

He's not going to have much of an A-list So Cal celebrity life if shoots like a B-lister.
                          Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

you underestimate the power of the kardashian/jenner empire. that's the life he wants. that's straight A lister life running with that crew, chief.

his BAE doesn't wanna come watch games in Philly. her billion dollar empire is based out of the city of angels. that's where he's headed.

makeup
                            catwalks
                            fashion shows
                            sun
                            beach
                            warm weather
                            fake jagoffs
                            bleached assholes
                            nightclubs
                            being told he's great when he's below average
                            $5,000 blue jeans
                            $20,000 man purses
                            red carpet
                            cameras everywhere
                            BEN, LOOK HERE! BEN, OVER HERE! KYLIE, OVER HERE! KYLIE AND BEN...OVER HERE!!
                            kale smoothies
                            world movie premiers
                            selfie sticks
                            27 miles of Malibu beaches
                            1,000,000 Ari Golds fighting over him
                            $40,000,000 white shit boxes built on 1/6th acre of land right on a street that'll crumble into the ocean next time somebody rips a loud fart
                            tennis courts
                            promises of bit roles in shitty major studio movies if he's a local

nauseating!
                            Last edited by Ellsworth; 05-09-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

OOHHH! GOT AN ARI GOLD REFERENCE IN THERE....NICE.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

IDK ... he better be careful ... Kardashians have a bad track record with NBA player boyfriends
                                Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                                X