The owners need to "win" this next CBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The owners need to "win" this next CBA

This player-friendly shit is crippling the game.

I don't care about them as people. I care about them as a product.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Haha

Agree about winning the CBA.

The Andrew Luck Affect is here.

Comment

The players won the last one? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        The players won the last one? I feel like I'm missing something here.
        agreed, the players got hammered on the last CBA not sure what this thread is about?

Comment

Less hitting, shorter practices, not as much offseason work—two a days are out. I can pretty much say that’s what leads to injuries. Remember Reid’s camps before 2011? They were the toughest in the NFL. I know there has to be a safety aspect to it—that’s why they put in rules about helmet to helmet contact. But the training camp and other offseason training rules were part of the CBA. The owners got a rookie salary cap, stronger drug-related discipline etc. But the players got shorter training.

Comment

All of this.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

How so? The sloppy on-field product is a direct result of the cupcake practices from the CBA.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

This!!! Now everyone is saying injuries are about cupcake practices but still think they don't need preseason reps to be in game shape because they get enough in practice? Fuck pick one can't argue both sides of the fence when it gets convenient.

Comment

CTE issues...

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                  All of this.
                  ...there is a reason the NFL is experimenting with flag leagues and other alternatives rules.

By the time you are sitting around and eating jello 3 times a day there will be no contact, no pads, and some sort of flagging device....lol

We will be bragging to young fans about the days of “tackling”.
                  "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

I'm in favor of preseason.

I'm also in favor of the proposal for 17 games, but each player only starts 16.
                    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Somewhere Asante Samuel sits with perfect cognitive function.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

I thought about Asante when Darby got his INT the other night. Asante may have been a matador, but he was a very good corner.
                        "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

I think the softer practices are as much about the owners protecting themselves as anything else.

I’d have to see the frequency of injuries before and after the CBA. Right now we’re biased because the Eagles are banged up early. I’d be surprised if there’s a difference now that there’s less hitting and shorter practices.

If the owners win the next CBA, we’ll see an 18 game season or an expanded postseason. I would hate either. I think the pendulum may shift a little on the preseason right now as coaches realize players could use more reps.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post
                            This player-friendly shit is crippling the game.

I don't care about them as people. I care about them as a product.
                            agree 100%

Comment

YOU STILL HERE?

GIVE US YOUR WISDOM...
                              WHAT EXACTLY DID THE PLAYERS WIN LAST TIME? AND PLEASE ONLY SMEGMA..
                              Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 09-19-2019, 06:40 AM.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X