Hard to believe Rex giving up an LB who is any good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to believe Rex giving up an LB who is any good

of course, he got a running game in exchange.
    Officially awaiting Douchebagnacht II since
    May 7, 2010

I have doubts. I understand the money angle. And McCoy's 6 years.
    But, on an ACL recovery guy? Huh?

Comment

2 pretty large egos in play
      Rex thinks he can win with "lesser" defenders, Chip thinks he can win with "lesser" offensive guys

They each play to their strength, and strengthen the other side of the ball
      Timing favors the Eagles big time too:
      McCoy will be done while Alonso will be still playing

Comment

Originally posted by Mt Iggle View Post
        acl twice, hip surgery, dui and robbery...i think that's all alonso has....but his brother went to u of d so that's cool.
        “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by PackWest View Post
          2 pretty large egos in play
          Rex thinks he can win with "lesser" defenders, Chip thinks he can win with "lesser" offensive guys

They each play to their strength, and strengthen the other side of the ball
          Timing favors the Eagles big time too:
          McCoy will be done while Alonso will be still playing
          I think it's good for Buffalo too. Their D was excellent without Alonso last year so not really lesser.
          Last edited by TerpEagle; 03-04-2015, 01:06 AM.
          --
          Your Retarded

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
            acl twice, hip surgery, dui and robbery...i think that's all alonso has....but his brother went to u of d so that's cool.
            No robbery. He was drunk at a party, stepped out to take a piss, got locked out, forced his way into what he thought was the house the party was in and passed out. It was the neighbor's house and the cops came.

After the DUI and that incident, he quit drinking.

Comment

H its
              Originally posted by Mt Iggle View Post
              It's crazy. When is the last time a player has been able to return from an ACL injury. Besides Peters, Maclin and Ryan's. There may be others but I'm kind of buzzed. Joe Namath never made it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
                No robbery. He was drunk at a party, stepped out to take a piss, got locked out, forced his way into what he thought was the house the party was in and passed out. It was the neighbor's house and the cops came.

After the DUI and that incident, he quit drinking.
                Lol... What the hell was he drinking

Comment

Per him, it was tequila...lots of it and very quickly

Comment

The guy drives this truck

Comment

Rex's game is run the ball and play defense ... his star lost it's luster in NY when he lost his run game.

Particularly when you don't have a great QB ... which he didn't ... and doesn't.

So I guess one could whistle past the graveyard with that logic.
                      Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Hard to evaluate this deal until you see what the Birds do with the cap room. By getting Alonso, they can let Demeco go. Combined with McCoy, it frees up well over 10 mil of cap room.

They could realistically sign Maxwell and Demarco Murray (for example) for that cap space and we end up giving up Demeco and Shady for Alonso, Maxwell, and Murray. It would be hard to knock something like that.

It will be interesting to see what they do next week with all of this cap space. I'd much rather see them invest in the defense right now, as I think Chip can score points with a lesser RB than Shady, although I loved watching Shady play.

Comment

I think he was really good his rookie year. As others have said, I think Rex has the same confidence in his defensive scheme that Chip has in his O. Rex thinks he can win with the defense he had last year and wants to upgrade the offense. Chip thinks he can score with a lesser RB and wants to upgrade the defense.

If Alonso can stay on the field he could be an impact player. Big "if" though.
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Agree 100%

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                            Hard to evaluate this deal until you see what the Birds do with the cap room. By getting Alonso, they can let Demeco go. Combined with McCoy, it frees up well over 10 mil of cap room.

They could realistically sign Maxwell and Demarco Murray (for example) for that cap space and we end up giving up Demeco and Shady for Alonso, Maxwell, and Murray. It would be hard to knock something like that.

It will be interesting to see what they do next week with all of this cap space. I'd much rather see them invest in the defense right now, as I think Chip can score points with a lesser RB than Shady, although I loved watching Shady play.
                            ....lots of flexibility with the direction they can go as a result from the $$ space.
                            Hope Chip chooses wisely.
                            "I feel much better now that my pants are on."- overheard conversation at a Gayte

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
                              What's the point of exchanging McCoy for Murray? The only way this makes any sense is signing an inexpensive free agent or drafting a RB. Murray will cost as much if not more than McCoy.

They likely could have gotten Alonzo for a draft pick. I read that the Eagles only spent fifteen minutes negotiating this deal. Kelly had his mind made up.
                              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                              X