• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Dawkins HOF speech

Wow!

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
    Wow!
    No notes. He didn't look down once. Incredible.

Comment

5 will always love you!

Comment

JUST GOT HOME AND WATCHED B. DAWK.

HUMBLE.
        TRUTHFUL.
        AMAZING.
        INSPIRATIONAL.
        SPEECH AS INTENSE AS HE PLAYED.

I HAVE BEYOND LOVE FOR THAT MAN.
        WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE HALF THE MAN HE IS.

HOW DARE THE F.O. LET HIM WALK.

THANK YOU BRIAN DAWKINS.
        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 08-05-2018, 12:29 AM.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFanInMD View Post
          5 will always love you!
          bwah!

helluva speech.

whos the next one? JP?
          Last edited by broadstreetparade; 08-05-2018, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
            JUST GOT HOME AND WATCHED B. DAWK.

HUMBLE.
            TRUTHFUL.
            AMAZING.
            INSPIRATIONAL.
            SPEECH AS INTENSE AS HE PLAYED.

I HAVE BEYOND LOVE FOR THAT MAN.
            WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE HALF THE MAN HE IS.

HOW DARE THE F.O. LET HIM WALK.

THANK YOU BRIAN DAWKINS.
            I was as cranked up as could be all day waiting for the speech. Man played the game with a passion and a joy the way we used to as kids in the back yard. I suffer with mental illness, I know there’s a stigma when it comes to men discussing their own battles, I didn’t know I could love and respect that man more, and then he opened up and provided words of hope for those who suffer, haven’t had that good of a cry since the night of February 4. Thank you #20!!

Comment

AND THAT JERKOFF T BLOW, 'IT'S ALL ABOUT ME, I LOVE ME SOME ME, LOOK AT ME'. AND NO I REFUSE TO WATCH HIS PATHETIC ATTENTION WHORE BLAHBITY BLAH.

I LOVE DAWK. HOW MANY MEN CAN STAND UP IN FRONT OF THE WORLD AND GIVE A TESTIMONIAL LIKE THAT?

Comment

Definitely had me sweating from my eyeballs a couple times through his speech. Especially when he first started talking about his struggles with depression and the suicidal thoughts he had his rookie year, all the way down to planning how he'd do it. We all read the articles in the past couple weeks about Dawk's struggles with depression but hearing him talk about it hit me hard, man. But goddamn was that an inspiring speech. To hear my favorite Eagle of all time talk about being in some pretty dark places and punching right through it to get to where he is now was incredible.
                "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                  AND THAT JERKOFF T BLOW, 'IT'S ALL ABOUT ME, I LOVE ME SOME ME, LOOK AT ME'. AND NO I REFUSE TO WATCH HIS PATHETIC ATTENTION WHORE BLAHBITY BLAH.

I LOVE DAWK. HOW MANY MEN CAN STAND UP IN FRONT OF THE WORLD AND GIVE A TESTIMONIAL LIKE THAT?
                  I applaud what TO did. He didn’t belong, doesn’t belong, and will never belong on the same stage as Brian Dawkins. He’s as far as you can get from the message of hope Dawkins dropped last night.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdsInNC View Post
                    Definitely had me sweating from my eyeballs a couple times through his speech. Especially when he first started talking about his struggles with depression and the suicidal thoughts he had his rookie year, all the way down to planning how he'd do it. We all read the articles in the past couple weeks about Dawk's struggles with depression but hearing him talk about it hit me hard, man. But goddamn was that an inspiring speech. To hear my favorite Eagle of all time talk about being in some pretty dark places and punching right through it to get to where he is now was incredible.
                    Last month I became a member of NAMI NJ National Alliance for Mental Illness I use my own struggles and self educated on the benefits of exercise on mental health and became a certified fitness instructor. Hearing BDAWK up there last night gives me hope and I’m more determined than ever to change lives after hearing it. I took that speech to heart as a challenge to not only punch through, but provide the gloves needed for others to do the very same.

Comment

Originally posted by brotherharv View Post
                      I applaud what TO did. He didn’t belong, doesn’t belong, and will never belong on the same stage as Brian Dawkins. He’s as far as you can get from the message of hope Dawkins dropped last night.
                      GOOD POINT. NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT.

Comment

Working...
                      X