author of wentz piece on WIP now defending his reporting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• author of wentz piece on WIP now defending his reporting

he's coming off poorly and super defensive, IMO.

Feel like he has a God complex and dying for clicks. He really sounds like a total jerkoff.

too bad Rob and Marks don't have the nuts to ask him any hard questions.
    Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-21-2019, 04:22 PM.

I'm with Maniac ... he likely took relatively benign shit out of context to make a splash.
    Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

this guy sounds like a wanna be mafia guy but sounds more like a used car salesman.

Hope this comes back to haunt them.

he's dropped Kempski's name a couple of times today as somebody who helped him get this done. Once on twitter, once on the call.

acting like people haven't read the story. i read it and this author is coming off very poorly here. I think he has an axe to grind.

Maybe he's just making a terrible first impression on me but I feel like he's trying to get his name out there. Like ESP with the Desean gang ties hit job.
      Last edited by Ellsworth; 01-21-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

The two hosts are acting like this guy is Vince Lombardi breaking it down.

Comment

What’s worse? The passive aggressive attacks on Wentz

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

Feel like he has a God complex and dying for clicks. He really sounds like a total jerkoff.

Or this flat out shit? No need to answer but some Philly fans and certainly some media members suck.

EDIT TO ADD: Trying to sabotage Wentz for personal agendas suck.
          Last edited by Drama Queen; 01-21-2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

This report and another thing have been bothering me

The absolute FLOOD of other teams' fans who have given me dozens of shitty, unsolicited takes/advice/condemnation about the Eagles' QB situation:

"You're making a big mistake!"

"Foles is the guy you should be keeping. Dump Wentz, he's injury-prone."

"The rest of your team likes Foles better."

This hack is just feeding into that...

Also: what was Buzz Bissinger's take on the SB win last year?

Comment

I've never heard of, or read anything written by, this guy prior to this but it appears from articles posted by others here that he's been trying to get a splash with a shit-stirring article for years.

And he finally found a way to get his name out there with the perfect set up:

A national-story QB controversy that gave him the opportunity to continue to piss on the franchise QB in an attempt to turn up the heat and blow the lid off an already simmering pot.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                I've never heard of, or read anything written by, this guy prior to this but it appears from articles posted by others here that he's been trying to get a splash with a shit-stirring article for years.

And he finally found a way to get his name out there with the perfect set up:

A national-story QB controversy that gave him the opportunity to continue to piss on the franchise QB in an attempt to turn up the heat and blow the lid off an already simmering pot.
                I like Foles therefore I’ll trash Wentz. I need career relevance therefore I’ll trash Wentz.

This kind of shit makes me think maybe Sean Peyton isn’t such a dick.

Comment

if you look back at a bunch of his old articles, he seems to write a lot about the Eagles vs Cowboys games. I think he is a closet pukes fan.
                  On Trumps handicap

“If Trump is a 2.8, Queen Elizabeth is a pole vaulter,” Reilly wrote

Comment

JUST SAW THIS GUY ON SPORTSNET CENTRAL.

HE LOOKS, ACTS LIKE A REAL PIECE OF WORK.
                    Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-22-2019, 08:59 AM.
                    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post

If these sources are not players NAME THEM, why would he care unless it's someone who could ruin his career, ill tell you why. He made this whole story up, Howard Eskin was on fox news and said he wants to debate him on this whole thing. King will ruin this guy.

Comment

I noticed this guy covered South Jersey Sports. That does leave Corey Clement as a possible source to him which is highly unlikely. Other than that, I see no one else talking to him.

Comment

I'm not a journalist but it seems inherently suspicious to write a major piece on Carson Wentz without attempting to get comment from...Carson Wentz. Or Fletcher Cox or any of the actual team leaders. They have a leadership council. It's not a secret who those folks are. Seems to me the only reason you don't seek those comments is because you suspect it might not jive with your pre-constructed narrative.

I read that he gave the Eagles organization a 40 minute heads up before he was publishing and then said they "never responded."

Also, what's the point of the story? Carson Wentz is an actual human being with human emotions and flaws? Say it ain't so! Get the Pulitzer ready!!
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

His best article was the one from October where he nicknamed Wentz "Three Quarter Carson." Perfect nickname for No YAC Zach's partner in crime!

Comment

I'm still partial to my moniker for him: "BBC" (Brittle Bones Carson)

EDIT TO ADD: Given the movie's recent release and Philly ties, maybe "Glass" is better!
                              Last edited by Corkey_for_President; 01-22-2019, 03:32 PM. Reason: added
                              WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                              X