Make Couturier the captain, dump that Chicken Choker Giroux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    agreed, he did nothing. nor did he do anything the last time the flyers made the playoffs. but he's done enough in the past for me not to call him a choker. hell, he still ranks in the all-time top 50 in points per game in the postseason. i don't want him shipped out of town based on two series in which the entire team was just overmatched.
    I seriously don't think they were over-matched. They did what they wanted at times. Yesterday's game came down to them tripping over their own dicks

Comment

This team is irrelevant. They have bad contracts for the next 3 years and Giroux will be too old when the young guys are ready. They have maybe 3-4 players in the pipeline including an 18 year old goalie no one knows shit about that is supposed to be the savior in net. Same shit different season for 43 years.

Also they let Bobrovsky go and Laviolette is one of the best coaches in hockey but they had to fire him for this moron and he could win it all with Nashville this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
        Also they let Bobrovsky go and Laviolette is one of the best coaches in hockey but they had to fire him for this moron and he could win it all with Nashville this year.
        Nashville can't be good. Their best offensive player only scored 64 points this season. Maybe the Flyers can trade them Giroux to put them over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          Nashville can't be good. Their best offensive player only scored 64 points this season. Maybe the Flyers can trade them Giroux to put them over the top.
          Leclair typically scored 64 points by the All Star break

Comment

I was thinking the same thing about Briere. Good player, hard worker, not good enough to be THE guy.
            -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

They need winners on this team. I don't care what they do during the regular season. Half the teams make the playoffs. They need players that show up during the playoffs. They don't need a Claude Giroux, they need a Claude Lemieux.

Comment

I don't disagree at all. Giroux could go to Nashville and probably win a cup or two. He could be like Iguodala. Go somewhere where he doesn't have to be the man and kill it.
                -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

He's a good player but the goal is to win the cup. Move him why you can. His stock will never be higher. This team has good young talent. They need to keep stockpiling youth and move these vets that are overpaid. We've seen enough at this point. The Flyers need to remove keeping the vets around from their 'Process'. Do it right. Go young and try to acquire some draft picks or young talent for the gingers.

Comment

Working...
                  X