No announcement yet.

Sixers Trade for Tobias Harris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the trade only if they get them both under contract next season. No one is beating Golden State this year. It will be great to get to the Finals but in reality it's only to lose like 4 games to 1 or 2 at best and then what? If they sign them both to max deals in the off season now we're talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
      I like the trade only if they get them both under contract next season. No one is beating Golden State this year. It will be great to get to the Finals but in reality it's only to lose like 4 games to 1 or 2 at best and then what? If they sign them both to max deals in the off season now we're talking.
      I'm glad GM's don't think like you

Comment

How about if they sign one to a max contract, preferably Harris, let Butler walk, and sign another significant free agent?

Furthermore, who is to say one or two of the Warriors starters aren't injured by the time the playoffs roll around?

There is a reason the Sixers have 10/1, not 1000/1, odds of winning it this year. A parade down Broad in June is now a plausible scenario if everything falls into place.
        Last edited by 06hawkalum; 02-06-2019, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Disagree.

Instantly best starting 5 in the East and opportunity to sign Jimmy/Tobias long term. Tobias is an excellent fit for this team.

this trade is really the Miami 1st rounder + Shamet. I don't think Miami goes full tank now that Richardson and Winston are beasting.

And Shamet is a great shooter, but its a wild card if he'll ever be able to defend. He's a major liability out there right now. We can find more shooters.

Go out and get depth in the buyout market and lets make a run at this thing.

PS Fuck Muscala. Snooze Chandler.
          WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Just trying to be realistic. Embiid and Simmons are still growing and Butler if not happy can cause chemistry issues come playoff time. Real long shot to win it all.

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
            I'm glad GM's don't think like you

Comment

I don't think they can sign another significant Free Agent like this past offseason. The 2 big ones outside of our 2 are all earmarked for other teams, the Sixers are not even in rumors for Durant or anyone else big.

If the Warriors have injuries then yeah the East would have a shot but the Sixers can have injuries too, you can't look at it like that. This has to be a 3-4 year window for them and they should try to keep all 4 if they can.

Originally posted by 06hawkalum View Post
              How about if they sign one to a max contract, preferably Harris, let Butler walk, and sign another significant free agent?

Furthermore, who is to say one or two of the Warriors starters aren't injured by the time the playoffs roll around?

There is a reason the Sixers have 10/1, not 1000/1, odds of winning it this year. A parade down Broad in June is now a plausible scenario if everything falls into place.

Comment

Muscala is garbage
                WANGNUTIAN. (pronounced wang-nooshan, martian)

Comment

Wes Matthews would be ideal.

Comment

Only item of real value they gave up is Shamet. I think this was a good deal for both sides.

Agree with Roth that Matthews would be a nice addition. They should be ready to make a run.

One thing that concerns me a bit is Brown. I like him and think he is a good coach overall but he has, IMO, cost them a game or two this season. A game matters in the playoffs.
                    Last edited by McCarthy12; 02-06-2019, 01:26 PM.
                    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post
                      Only item of real value they gave up is Shamet. I think this was a good deal for both sides.

Agree with Roth that Matthews would be a nice addition. They should be ready to make a run.

One thing that concerns me a bit is Brown. I like him and think he is a good coach overall but he has, IMO, cost them a game or two this season. A game matters in the playoffs.
                      I had a knee jerk reaction to giving up Shamet and depleting most of the draft assets but I’m pretty on board now considering the uncertainty surrounding the Miami pick.

Agree on Brown but he’s shown improvement this year making ajustments and calling elite timeouts. How far this team goes will come down to him making the pieces fit. Must be nice to coach this much talent after what he had to work with in the deep Process years...

Comment

Just trying to be realistic. Embiid and Simmons are still growing and Butler if not happy can cause chemistry issues come playoff time. Real long shot to win it all.
                        I think the Jimmy locker room cancer stuff is way overblown.

Embiid and Simmons are hard workers and competitors, unlike KAT and Wiggins.

If they add some shooting who knows what this team’s ceiling is this year. They did just beat the Warriors at Oracle...

Comment

Sixers are showing interest in Ross, Mirotic and Matthews.

This is going to be interesting.
                          “I am going to literally sodomize you on the field of battle. I am going to have non-consensual sex with your face and your butt. Then I’m going after your wife and kid”

Comment

Originally posted by nerd View Post
                            Sixers are showing interest in Ross, Mirotic and Matthews.

This is going to be interesting.
                            Mirotic, if healthy, would be a phenomenonal addition.

Comment

The biggest loss is Shamet, and that is more b/c of his costs for the next few years then his all around ability. His defense was severely lacking at times, but his shooting ability will be almost impossible to replace at that cost.

That being said, they got a 26 year old that should've gotten his first nod as an All Star. He and Lou Williams have lead the Clippers to more wins this year then Anthony Davis's team. He's hitting 42% on almost 5 3s a game, which'll easily replace Shamet's 3 pt contributions.

Boban is one of the most efficient players ever. He's just so damn big he can only give you 15 min a game, but those are good minutes most of the time.

Brown will have to find creative ways to stagger the starters minutes to bolster a thin bench.

Another underrated part of this trade.
                              1. frees up space for LAC to land Davis, keeping him from LAL or BOS. Longshot, but could happen.
                              2. IF LAC moves into the lottery (currently 8th seed), Boston does NOT get their 1st this year, instead gets 2 2nds.
                              3. Boston has Kings pick this year. LAC likely moves out of the way for the Kings to compete for that last playoff spot, also hurting Baaaahhhhstans assets.

Comment

Working...
                              X