Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less Ertz = More points

Use him wisely.
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Nobody else noticed this? They have a shitload of good receivers. Dumb to keep forcing the ball to Ertz.

Comment

I did. Wentz does need to look around more in the first half.
      ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
        I did. Wentz does need to look around more in the first half.
        They play best when they establish Jeffery first. He's the biggest threat to defenses.

Comment

I have noticed that Ertz does catch a shitload of passes in our losses.

Obviously the guy is great, but it's usually a bid sign when a TE catches 10+ passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
            Use him wisely.
            Are you really pushing this dumb WIP quality narrative?
            "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
              Are you really pushing this dumb WIP quality narrative?
              Have you not noticed that Ertz tends to catch a LOT of passes in games that aren't going our way? This goes back to like 2014.

It's not that he's being misused, but it typically means we're passing way too much, abandoning the run and playing from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                Have you not noticed that Ertz tends to catch a LOT of passes in games that aren't going our way? This goes back to like 2014.

It's not that he's being misused, but it typically means we're passing way too much, abandoning the run and playing from behind.
                He’s the 2nd best TE in the league. He catches a lot of passes, period. Best receiving option on the team and it’s not close. Going away from him to have that gaggle of bums at RB squander more touches is dumb.
                "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

I guess you didn't watch the game. Wentz locked in on Ertz in the first half and they didnt score a point. Once they started spreading the ball around they scored at will. Couldnt have been more obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post
                    He’s the 2nd best TE in the league. He catches a lot of passes, period. Best receiving option on the team and it’s not close. Going away from him to have that gaggle of bums at RB squander more touches is dumb.
                    None of this disproves that it's a bad sign when Ertz catches 10+ passes. For comparison, Gronk and Kelce very rarely catch that many passes.

Just look at his first-ever monster game. 15 catches in a season-ending loss against Washington. 13 catches a year later in the second straight season-ending loss to Washington. Sanchez and Bradford threw 50+ times in those games.

They've lost every game this year in which Ertz has caught 10+ passes. Again, I'm not saying that Ertz is a "choker" who only plays well in losses or some BS. I'm just saying that 10+ catches from Ertz are a sign that we're not even trying to work that "gaggle of bums at RB." While I agree that the RBs are a weakness, they definitely looked a lot better in the last two wins when they actually got an opportunity. Zach Ertz's role in those two games was a lot closer to what you ideally want from a top TE.

Comment

Working...
                    X