Wentz Article Paints An Ugly Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know

So my wife's best friend is Chase Morlocks sister. Chase played with Carson at NDSU. He still regularly talks to him and he's also visited his house in Jersey. Everytime I'm in Fargo I pick his brain about Wentz . From the locals and his former teammates he doesn't come off this way at all. I think this is fake news (as much as I hate to use that phrase). I think the issue/disconnect really lies with Doug asking too much of Carson without proper supporting pieces (RB), solid blocking by Oline, etc.
    Last edited by Williejay; 01-21-2019, 01:18 PM.

Comment

98% of the quotes had to have come from Alshon and Agholor. Maybe 2% from one of the RBs who was frustrated about how the season had gone (Ajayi or Clement). Receivers are always going to complain about not getting the ball enough, this is not news.

Comment

Wentz saved Agholar’s career by making him a bona fide target in 2017.

I could believe it was Alshon’s agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Raptor View Post
          A happy offseason doesn’t get clicks so let’s get some drama going?
          It seems like this writer was collecting quotes all season to craft the narrative that he already had decided he wanted to create to get clicks in the offseason. Then he knew who to call and when (after losses, when people are frustrated) to get the right quotes.

Some of the guy's previous work:
          https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...n-locker-room/

Comment

Originally posted by dev_32 View Post
            The Foles-Camp strikes first!
            Exactly
            Hahahahaha!!

Comment

This is just some goof who has an axe to grind because he's been wrong from Day 1. Unfortunately, there are more bad writers than good ones.

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...veland-browns/

Comment

I wonder how much of an asshole he feels in the last 2 seasons. And really, if Doug makes a few different decisions in 2016, they would have went to the playoffs that year as well.

Comment

Time for Doug to step in and squelch whatever is going on.

Comment

What could have happened is that Wentz put too much pressure on himself after Foles' performance last season. Pederson hinted as much himself after the Saints regular season game by saying that "...he has to let the offense come to him and let all the playmakers just make plays..." He probably feels insecure at the moment, that's why Pederson has taken great pains to say he is the franchise QB, and that he tells him that nearly every day, etc. But it's only natural a player should feel that way.

As far as having favourite targets, with Foles, Ertz is targeted 9.3 times and with Wentz, he's targeted 9.6 times--not a great difference. I'd say the difference between Foles and Wentz, is that maybe Carson waits for a receiver to get 2 yards of separation before he throws it to him, whereas Foles will throw him open as he has shown. And I think if Jeffrey has a problem, that's probably it.

Comment

Contrarian writers are the worst. Unfortunately, he got the attention he wanted.

Comment

Alshon has a 52M deal that runs through 2021. I can't see him complaining much about targets right now especially because he gets plenty. I doubt it's anybody significant and it's probably being spun out of context and proportion by the writer.
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Drives a Van View Post
                          It seems like this writer was collecting quotes all season to craft the narrative that he already had decided he wanted to create to get clicks in the offseason. Then he knew who to call and when (after losses, when people are frustrated) to get the right quotes.

Some of the guy's previous work:
                          https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...n-locker-room/
                          "Kelly doesn’t deal with conjecture or drama. He’s direct. He’s passionate. And intolerant of nonsense. Call him a genial Bill Belichick."

Yup. He's a hack.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                          X